Crooked Lake Cottage - Parkham, Devon, England - Sleeps 5
Crooked Lake Cottage is a delightful holiday cottage that sleeps five guests and provides everything you could wish for in a peaceful Devon holiday retreat. This 17th century stone holiday cottage sits in a secluded position in the very heart of beautiful rolling countryside, yet it is conveniently positioned close (fifteen minutes) to the vibrant Devonshire town of Bideford and ten minutes from North Devon's glorious beaches.
Deceptively spacious, Crooked Lake Cottage has a dining-room, kitchen, lounge and conservatory which is ideal for morning coffee. Upstairs there are three beautifully decorated bedrooms; one en-suite master double, a twin room, a single bedroom, and a family bathroom.
Crooked Lake Cottage has much original character including pretty shutters at the windows, stone fireplaces and beams. Outside, guests can enjoy a stunning garden with plenty of space for children to let off steam. To the rear there is a lovely garden which is enclosed and has a stream running through with little bridge - a perfect place to relax where children can let off steam and enjoy playing safely. The garden is also visited by a variety of local wild-life including the occasional badger.
Located in a peaceful wooded valley and surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside, Crooked Lake Cottage offers a great place to relax. It is also ideal for enjoying spectacular walks, golf, cycling and to use as a base from which to explore the wonderful beaches and many delights that North Devon has to offer. Attractions include: Appledore, a very old fishing village; Westward Ho! with its beautiful Blue Flag beach ideal for surfing; Family attractions including The Big Sheep and The Milky Way; Lundy Island, visit by boat or helicopter and see the nesting colonies of puffins; The Tarka Trail, ideal for cyclists; the world famous fishing village of Clovelly; RHS Rosemoor Gardens and Hartland Abbey and Gardens to name just a few!
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Crooked Lake Cottage Continued
Accommodation and facilities:
- The cottage is approached from a little lane through the gate which takes you up the path to the front door. There is a porch which is covered, providing a good place to leave boots and wet coats. The front door leads into...
- Dining room with wonderful beams on the ceiling, CD player, table with plenty of room for six guests and ornamental inglenook fireplace. From the dining room you can access the lounge which overlooks the garden and also the kitchen.
- Lounge with lots of character and also has beams, original fireplace housing the multi-fuel stove, sofa, chairs, television (including Free-serve satellite) and DVD/video player. This room leads into...
- Spacious conservatory with cane sofa that seats two, two chairs and doors leading out to the patio area with outdoor furniture for relaxing.
- Nicely presented kitchen including hob, oven (both electric), dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, fridge/freezer, dresser, table seating five and access outside to the patio with outdoor furniture - the perfect place for a glass of wine whilst watching the sun go down.
- Master double bedroom with wardrobe and en-suite containing a power shower over the Whirlpool bath (great place to relax at the end of the day!), wash basin and WC.
- Single bedroom with plenty of space for clothes storage.
- Steps up to a twin bedroom with two single beds, dressing table and lovely views over the garden.
- Family bathroom with electric shower over the bath, wash basin and WC.
Outside: There is a lovely garden that surrounds the cottage which is enclosed by a stone wall. Off-road parking for two - three cars. A stream is a pretty feature with two little bridges and the sloping lawns catch lots of sun and are a nice place to relax (sun loungers provided, along with BBQ and outdoor furniture).
Additional information: Towels are not included (except for overseas visitors). There is a pub and popular restaurant within three quarters of a mile, and a local shop two miles away. Beaches at Instow and Westward Ho! are approximately eight miles away.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £475
High Season from £675
Peak Season £850
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Single)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Crooked Lake Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2012
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st August 2017