Olde Barn Gardens - Dawlish, Devon, England - Sleeps 2-6
Olde Barn Gardens sleeps up to six guests and is conveniently positioned between Dawlish and Starcross in South Devon, just a two minute drive from the beach. Celebrated for its wonderful flower and hanging basket displays, vibrant in colour during the warmer months and also the autumn, Olde Barn Gardens provides a charming retreat at any time of the year.
Dawlish Warren is a beautiful beach where a Wild Bird Sanctuary borders the long expanse of golden sands and dunes which lead out to the mouth of the river Exe Estuary. The beach has been awarded Blue Flag status and is popular with families looking for seaside fun.
Formerly a small fishing port, the seaside town of Dawlish is just five minutes away from Olde Barn Gardens and offers shops, restaurants, pubs and an eighteen hole golf course. A further five minute drive along the coast takes you to the lovely beaches of Shaldon and Teignmouth (which also has a playground for young families). Torquay, Brixham and Paignton, fondly known as the English Riviera, is also within a thirty minute drive.
For those who enjoy outdoor activities, Dawlish is fortunate enough to have a riverside cycle path which passes the scenic Powderham Castle, along the estuary to Exeter where you are guaranteed a great day shopping! Dartmoor is also within easy reach (forty minutes away) and provides endless walking opportunities. Alternatively, take a leisurely short Ferry trip to Exmouth.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Olde Barn Gardens Continued
- Lounge with comfortable seating, flatscreen Freesat television and DVD player. There is an ornamental log burner (not for use).
- Dining room with table and chairs.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, microwave, kettle and electric cooker. This room opens out onto a spacious conservatory which overlooks the garden with seating and television.
- Downstairs WC.
- Utility room with freezer, iron (and ironing board), washing machine and tumbler dryer for those who need to freshen clothes.
- Family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, WC and wash basin.
- En-suite large master bedroom with modern walk-in shower, solid oak furniture, television and a balcony with glorious views over the countryside. From the balcony, steps leading down to the garden.
- Second bedroom with double bed, flatscreen television and wardrobes (fitted) providing plenty of room for clothes storage.
- Third bedroom with two single beds (which can be pushed together).
Outside: In the garden there is a patio area with a covered, heated gazebo and seating area, loungers, BBQ, Chimenea Pizza Oven, water feature and flower beds. Off-road car parking for three cars.
Additional information: Wi-Fi and broadband. Central heating and all electricity included in the price. There are child-proof gates at both the bottom and top of the stairs. High chair for babies and cot available. There is a surcharge of £60 per cot per week for parties over the maximum occupancy of six guests. All bed linen provided (but please bring your own towels as not supplied). A welcome pack is provided including items such as tea, coffee, milk, home made cake and a fruit bowl. Prices quoted for Low and Mid season are 'from' prices and based on one to two people sharing so include a discount. There is a Sainsbury's supermarket one mile away.
Low Season from £490
Mid Season from £570
High Season from £830
Peak Season £1050
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Twin)
Owner: Linda & Michael Disney, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Olde Barn Gardens joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2012
We offer a 3tiered booking system catering for groups of 2,4or6 in the off seasons. Go to our website for more information of prices and availability.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017
Approximate Location of Olde Barn Gardens
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book