Sunset Beach - Croyde, Devon, England - Sleeps 8
Sunset Beach sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms and is ideally placed on North Devon's stunning coastline in the surfing haven of Croyde. Perfectly designed to make the most out of the sea views, the accommodation is 'upside down' with an impressive open-plan living area and balcony with sea views on the first floor. The ground floor has four beautifully presented bedrooms and a bathroom, with the twin bedroom and master en-suite double having access to a sunny terrace - perfect for morning tea!
Whether you are looking to spend time with friends or family, Sunset Beach is a superb choice, and is one of three desirable properties sitting in the grounds of Leadengate House. It offers private off-road parking and plenty of space to relax and unwind both inside and out with the balcony and terrace for alfresco dining, and the lawned garden where children can play and adults can relax when the sun shines.
Sunset Beach is just a short walk from the glorious golden sands of Croyde Bay which has Blue Flag Status, and offers excellent water sports and some of the country's finest surfing (it is lifeguard patrolled from Easter through to October). Book yourself a lesson with one of the surf schools such as Surf South West, or coasteering for those feeling adventurous.
Kayaking is another popular local pursuit and a great way to explore the North Devon Coastline, as is the South West Coastal Path for those who enjoy walking. The local area offers good cycling with pretty country lanes and the nearby Tarka Trail for off-road fun, as well as climbing (Baggy Point is within walking distance of Sunset Beach). There is a riding stables in Croyde village for pony trekking, and golf at nearby Saunton Sands with its prestigious championship course.
Even though Croyde is one of Devon's most popular beach locations, it has timeless 'chocolate box' charm that has managed to remain unspoilt over the years. It is surrounded by beautiful countryside and perfectly sandwiched between Saunton Sands and Woolacombe, both with fabulous beaches worthy of a visit. The village centre offers a good range of amenities including excellent pubs and eateries for a meal out, as well as shops and surf hire.
For those who can tear themselves away from the picturesque setting of Croyde, there are plenty of great days out to enjoy. The little ones will love a visit to The Big Sheep, Exmoor Zoo, The Milkway and Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park. For the bigger children take a boat trip to see the wildlife on Lundy Island, visit Lynton and Lynmouth and take a ride on the cliff-top tram, or discover the beauty of the pretty Devon seaside villages and towns that pepper the coastline such as Clovelly, Ilfracombe, Appledore and Watermouth with its castle - just a few of the areas many highlights.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Sunset Beach Continued
Accommodation is upside down to take advantage of the sea views and comprises:
- Open-plan living, cleverly designed with three distinct areas for sitting, dining and cooking. The sitting area has comfy leather seating, television and French doors that take you outside to the balcony where you can sit and look over the garden and sea beyond. The dining area has a long table with eight chairs and leads into the stylish contemporary kitchen presented in a colour scheme of slate grey with a splash of duck egg blue. Well equipped with everything needed for self-catering, there is a fridge, freezer, electric oven and hob with extractor over, dishwasher, microwave and washing machine, along with plenty of cupboards stocked full of glasses, crockery, pots and pans.
- Double bedroom at the front of the property with wardrobe, chest of drawers and dual aspect windows that let the light flood in and provide fantastic sea views - what better view to wake up to!
- Twin bedroom with two single beds and drawers, plus wardrobe for clothes storage. Whilst it does not have the far reaching sea views of the double bedroom, you can catch a glimpse of the sea.
- Striking master double bedroom with drawers, wardrobe and en-suite bathroom which also has shower, WC and hand basin. Sitting at the back of the house, this room affords plenty of privacy and has access out onto a terrace where you can relax on the loungers with your morning coffee or sundowner.
- Also at the back of the house is an additional twin bedroom with two single beds that shares access onto the terrace leading to the garden. There is a wardrobe and large Velux providing light and views of the starry night skies.
- House bathroom with Jacuzzi bath for a long soak after a day surfing or exploring the coastal path (including hand-held shower attachment), WC, hand basin and shower cubicle.
Outside: Guests have a balcony, terrace and sunny garden to enjoy when staying at Sunset Beach with table and chairs for alfresco dining (BBQ and sun umbrella provided), loungers for relaxing and lawn area where the little ones (and adults!) can play. Bikes, surfboards etc can be stored in the secure shed at the front of the property where there are additional communal gardens for use of all three properties located at Leadengate House.
Additional information: Short breaks available throughout the year (apart from peak months). Online booking available via the owners website. Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels (please bring beach towels). WiFi internet access for guest use. Off-road parking available for two cars. Unfortunately no dogs.
Low Season from £725
Mid Season from £995
High Season from £1295
Peak Season £1725
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sunset Beach joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017