Long Barn - North Whilborough, Nr Torquay, Devon, England - Sleeps 13
Long Barn Cottages offer a choice of four spacious self-catering holiday homes that have been beautifully converted from traditional stone farm buildings into luxurious holiday retreats that are ideal for couples, friends or families. Each cottage has been sympathetically converted to ensure a very high level of comfort is provided whilst retaining the original character and features including exposed beams and flagstone/stripped antique pine floors. Each holiday cottage affords its own private garden or terrace and guests all have the share use of the fantastic indoor heated swimming pool and games area - ideal should you have a rainy day.
The cottages are set amongst four acres of grounds which include a large orchard with play facilities for the younger guests including a climbing frame, trampoline, swings and plenty of space for letting off steam and playing football, cricket or having a picnic.
Small but prestigious, Long Barn Cottages is conveniently yet well located in North Whilborough, a sleepy rural hamlet only three miles from the seaside town of Torquay on the English Riviera. The cottages are close to Dartmoor and also Beautiful South Hams with its fantastic sandy beaches. The area is a paradise for walkers and those who enjoy being amongst nature, along with families who want a peaceful holiday retreat from which to explore South Devon, with the added benefit of on-site facilities to keep the children amused.
The nearest shops are only a mile and a half away and there is a pub within half a mile. Golf is also available within two miles and there is pony trekking on Dartmoor.
- Swimming Pool
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Long Barn Continued
Long Barn is a spacious 4 Star Gold, two-storey property sleeping up to thirteen guests in comfort and style. It provides a perfect holiday retreat for families and adult groups and offers the following facilities:
- Pretty courtyard and large, sunny garden with terrace.
- Large entrance hall.
- Sitting room / dining room with French doors that lead out to the garden and wood burning stove for cosy evenings.
- Playroom for children with games.
- Television room (which also has a DVD player).
- Well equipped fitted kitchen.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and gas boiler, along with plenty of drying space.
- Super-king size master bedroom with nice views and en-suite shower room.
- King-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom and French doors leading out to the upper terrace and garden.
- Three twin bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room and one with additional set of bunk beds).
- Single bedroom.
- Spacious family bathroom, plus an additional upstairs family shower room.
- Cloakroom with WC.
Low Season from £1450
Mid Season from £2250
High Season from £3000
Peak Season £3550
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 13 people in 6 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 3 Twins & 1 Single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Mike & Sandra Lane, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Long Barn joined Independent Cottages in July 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th June 2017