Woodhouse - Witheridge, Nr Tiverton, Devon, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 10
Woodhouse is located ten miles west of Tiverton in the heart of beautiful unspoilt rolling Devon countryside, providing the perfect place to get away from it all and escape the pressures of every day life.
The house dates back to the 17th Century and still today display lots of original character adding to its charm, with tiled and wooden floors and comfy furnishings. It offers complete privacy and tranquility and nestles amongst attractive gardens, with no neighbours nearby.
Accessed via a long private drive, Woodhouse is nicely tucked away, and has forty acres of woodland and pasture. There are lots of nice walks locally and further afield are Moors which are a must to visit for breathtaking scenery. Woodhouse is equidistance from the South and North coastline with both offer a great selection of beaches.
From Exmoor there are some fabulous stretches of coastline that have remained unspoilt, peppered with lovely seaside towns including Lynton/Lynmouth, connected by the famous cliff-top railway. For a lovely family friendly sandy beach Woolacoombe Sands, Croyde and Westward Ho! are popular choices.
The area has many things to see and do with historic castles, houses and gardens including Tiverton Castle, Knightshayes Court, Castle Drogo and spectacular Rosemoor Gardens. The market town of South Molton is also worth a visit.
Locally there is a friendly village shop two miles from the house, with a post office, cash machine and DVD rentals, along with local farms where you can buy their produce and also a newsagent. Tiverton provides the usual supermarkets etc and there is a very good pub a mile away and many others within a short drive. There are riding schools, places to fish and golf courses in the area and onsite there is an excellent hard tennis court, which guests are welcome to use whenever they wish, along with a croquet set and boules.
If you explore the woods at the bottom of the valley, you will find a stream along with an array of wildlife and fauna. There are wild bluebells, primroses, foxgloves and other flowers in the woods and meadows and wildlife enthusiasts may be lucky enough to see deer, bats, owls, badgers, foxes, rabbits, buzzards and even Peregrine Falcons.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Woodhouse has solid floors (either wood or tiles), central heating throughout making it ideal all year round and plenty of original character and charm.
- Farmhouse style kitchen with dining area containing electric range cooker (with two ovens), warming oven, electric hob, dishwasher, microwave, plenty of utensils and equipment and a large table that seats ten guests.
- Garden room with occasional chairs and French windows taking you out onto the garden.
- Utility area/toilet with wash basin, WC, washing machine and dryer.
- Sitting room with open fireplace, television, DVD player and Free-view digibox.
- Small sitting room with piano, sofa, television and internet access - a nice place to enjoy a quiet moment.
- Old dairy - a small room where the little ones can play with table and chairs away from the adults!
- Hallway leading to...
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room including a toilet and hand basin.
- Twin bedroom.
- Family room with double bed and also full size bunk beds.
- Double bedroom with nice views across to the woods.
- House bathroom with a roll top bath, wash basin, bidet and WC.
Additional information: Pets welcome by arrangement.
Low Season from £545
Mid Season from £695
High Season from £995
Peak Season £1245
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin, 1 Family rm sleeping 4)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Denise Outlaw, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Woodhouse joined Independent Cottages in May 2009
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd May 2017