Fairways East - Chittlehamholt, Umberleigh, Devon, England - Sleeps 8
Fairways East nestles amongst countryside in the very heart of North Devon. Offering beautiful views, this delightful holiday home sleeps eight guests and is surrounded by peace and tranquility.
Located in the pretty village of Chittlehamholt on the Highbullen Country Estate, Fairways East provides a welcome retreat for large groups of family or friends. Well located, it is ideal for those who enjoy walking and cycling with wonderful countryside on the doorstep. There are also many attractions in the area including fantastic beaches within a half hour drive.
Chittlehamholt is a short drive (or walk) from Fairways East where you will find an excellent village pub and shop for stocking up on provisions. Guests can also enjoy a meal out at the Highbullen Estate Hotel which is a short stroll up the lane and also offers a golf course, gym and swimming pool.
With four ensuite bedrooms, large terrace for alfresco dining and wonderfully spacious living, this beautifully presented French farmhouse style accommodation offers plenty of room for the whole family to relax and unwind. The children will love the lawned areas where they can play games and let off steam.
Lovingly known as 'Tarka Country', North Devon is wonderfully diverse and has much to offer whether you are looking for a weekend break or longer holiday. A dramatic coastline peppered with sandy beaches, pretty little villages and vibrant market towns all add to the areas charm. The beautiful rolling hills and dramatic rugged moorlands of Exmoor have much to offer outdoor enthusiasts including walkers, cyclists and horse riders; whilst the golden beaches and hidden coves are great for lazy days and watersports lovers (particularly surfers!).
Whether you are looking for a relaxing summer holiday or a cosy winter break with friends or family, Fairways East is an ideal holiday retreat.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Fairways East Continued
- Beautiful kitchen cleverly designed with plenty of work tops and units, a warming green Rayburn, conventional electric double oven, hob, large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave. To one end of the kitchen is the Dining area:
- Dining area with long table and seating for eight guests in comfort, complimented by terracotta floor tiles and a lovely dresser which adds to the farmhouse feel.
- Large conservatory which is flooded with sunlight and furnished in restful natural colours beautifully complementing the views over the garden. With lots of comfy seating, the conservatory divides into two areas, one where you can sit and watch television, and the other where you can sit and look over the fairways. Doors lead out to the garden where the children can let off steam whilst parents sit and keep a watchful eye out.
- Bedroom with zip and link beds that can be made up as two singles or a double by arrangement. This room affords its own entrance on to the terrace, lots of storage space including a built-in wardrobe, and en-suite shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Elegant king-size bedroom with plenty of storage (including wardrobe and chest of drawers), Victorian fireplace and lovely views of the terrace and garden. This room also has an en-suite with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Double/twin bedroom which also offers flexible sleeping, along with garden views, built-in wardrobe and retro style en-suite with bath (including a large overhead shower) wash basin and WC.
- Pretty master en-suite double bedroom with dressing room, armchair, television and views over the terrace and garden. This room affords the largest en-suite - a stylish room with bath, wash basin, WC and separate shower unit.
Outside: The terrace is at the back of the property and provides an ideal place for alfresco dining and BBQ's. Borders display colourful flowers in the summer months and there is a large lawned area for playing games or sunbathing, along with garden furniture.
Additional information: Bedlinen and towels provided.
Group bookings: Fairways East is next door to Fairways West which accommodates eight guests in four bedrooms. Both cottages can be rented together to accommodate up to sixteen and lend themselves well to large group bookings having double internal doors. Full details of Fairways West can be found by clicking through to the owner's website.
Low Season from £995
Mid Season from £1350
High Season from £1850
Peak Season £2495
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles/Twins, 1 King, 1 Double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Fairways East joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017