Annacombe - Harberton, Totnes, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
Annacombe is a fantastic property in the gorgeous South Hams countryside between Dartmoor and the sea. Once a coach house for the country house in whose grounds it sits, it has been imaginatively converted with a spacious double height-living room, three bedrooms to comfortably sleep six guests and two bathrooms. It is perfect for families and groups who want to stay in a peaceful, rural location without feeling isolated. The attractive village of Harberton, with its popular 13th Century Church House Inn, is a ten-minute walk, while the vibrantly ‘alternative’ town of Totnes is only two and a half miles away.
Totnes has a great variety of independent shops and galleries and a regular market held every Friday and Saturday as well as its supermarkets. Make sure you discover the specialist deli’s, cheese shop and butchers in the town centre if you are planning a special meal or picnic, as the quality of the food is amazing!
Annacombe could not be in a better location. It sits two hundred metres up private drives and has no passing traffic, yet is less than seven miles from Dartmoor National Park and has over forty miles of the South Devon coastline accessible within twenty to forty five minutes. Attractions like Buckfast Abbey, Paignton Zoo, Pennywell Farm and Woodlands Theme Park are all nearby. You can combine steam railway trips with a cruise on the River Dart, or spend the day happily meandering through pretty villages and towns like Dartmouth, Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Ashburton and Tavistock. Plymouth, Exeter and Torquay are only a half hour’s drive if you want a few more bright lights, but it is certainly easy to avoid any stress or bustle if you don’t.
There is a wealth of activities in the area if you are the sort of person who can’t sit still. In addition to walking the Devon South Coast Path, the river valleys, and Dartmoor, you can cycle, pony-trek, paddle a Canadian canoe, play golf, sail, dive, fish and surf. There are historic houses to see, gardens to enjoy, and museums to discover. When you stay at Annacombe your holiday can be as energetic as scrambling up rocky tors or as relaxed as a summer evening barbecue in the garden or a book in front of the fire. It is all here waiting for you discover and enjoy!
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- The double height, south facing living/dining room has loads of charm. The owners have furnished it with careful consideration to ensure guests are not only comfortable but feel like they can breathe out, put their feet up and make it their home away from home. A natural stone fireplace, soft sofa and armchairs, rugs, bookcases full of books and games give it a very welcoming feel. The double height, south facing living/dining room has loads of charm. The owners have furnished it with careful consideration to ensure guests are not only comfortable but feel like they can breathe out, put their feet up and make it their home away from home. A natural stone fireplace, soft sofa and armchairs, rugs, bookcases full of books and games give it a very welcoming feel.
- The dining area has a large wooden table and seating for six adults. It's a great place for relaxed family meals.
- The modern fitted kitchen includes all the appliances and gadgets you need to self-cater including a dishwasher, fridge-freezer, double oven and hob, and microwave together with a table seating up to six.
- A utility room next to the kitchen houses the central heating boiler, a washing machine and tumble drier.
- The ground floor bedroom has a king-size bed and overlooks the cobbled courtyard. It has lots of storage, and an en-suite bathroom with bath with shower above, hand basin and WC.
- A cloakroom with WC and hand basin is tucked away downstairs.
- The double bedroom is spacious, with Velux windows that fill the room with natural light in the day, and lets you look at the stars on a clear night (if you don’t close the blinds). It has a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables and reading lights. The double bedroom is spacious, with Velux windows that fill the room with natural light in the day, and lets you look at the stars on a clear night (if you don’t close the blinds). It has a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables and reading lights.
- A family bathroom is next door. It has a bath with shower attachment, WC and hand basin.
- A gallery runs between the two ends of the living room. It has a desk and more books.
- At the other end of the gallery is the twin bedroom which also has a cot (a high chair is also available).
Outside: The impressive outdoor space includes the original cobbled courtyard and an enclosed lawned garden with mature shrubs and climbers. There is outdoor dining furniture, a couple of recliners and space to barbeque ideal for a restful day outdoors at home.
Additional Information: Electricity, hot water, WiFi and local calls are included while central heating (oil fired) is charged for at cost. Bed linen and bath towels can be provided at an additional cost. Short breaks and flexible changeover days are available during the low season from November to March. No smoking. Regretfully no pets. A Saturday changeover is offered between April to October with flexibility at other times.
Low Season from £380
Mid Season from £445
High Season from £755
Peak Season £1245
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double & 1 Twin)
Owner: Gavan Sellers, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Annacombe joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2017
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017