Horizon - Combe Martin, Ilfracombe, Devon, England - Sleeps 8
Drift off to sleep to the sound of the waves lapping against the beach, and wake up to the sight of the sparkling clear waters beckoning you from the cottage - a slice of seaside heaven perfectly packaged in a relaxed yet luxurious wrapper.
Locations don't get much better for a seaside retreat than this impressive holiday home in the picturesque North Devon village of Combe Martin. Exceptional both in terms of its quality and location, Horizon is idyllically placed in a quiet spot opposite Newberry Beach with direct access onto the South West Coastal Path.
With plenty of living space spread out across three floors, Horizon is a magnificent Victorian property comfortably sleeping eight guests in four bedrooms. Its practical layout with two bedrooms (plus bathrooms) on the first and second floors lends itself well to two families wanting to holiday together, as well as groups of friends or one large family.
Inside the property there are three modern stylish shower/bathrooms, a fabulous sitting room with open fire and sea views, a kitchen equipped with everything needed to cater for the whole party, and space in the dining room for long leisurely suppers. Off-road parking for two cars is available (a rarity in Combe Martin!) and a terrace overlooking the sea at the front of the property provides the perfect place for catching the late afternoon sun - what better place for a 'G&T' as the sun sets or alfresco meal.
Combe Martin is a picturesque seaside village on the edge of Exmoor National Park. Sitting in North Devon and just three hours by car from the Midlands, Birmingham or London, you can very quickly getaway and be relaxing beside the sea. With a good range of cafes, shops and award winning beaches, it's a highly desirable holiday destination at any time of the year.
For those who like to keep active, you have miles of coastal walks to explore from the front door, along with a stunning coastline for kayaking and water sports. Head inland to Wistlandpound Reservoir with its way-marked walks, water sports and trout fishing (permits available), or hire a bike and explore the Tarka Trail.
The area also offers an abundance of attractions for day trips out. Visit the seaside resorts of Croyde (great for surfers), Woolacombe and Ilfracombe with its pretty harbour and Damien Hirst's highly acclaimed restaurant. Take a boat trip from Ilfracombe to see the puffins on Lundy Island; or head to Lynmouth and take the cliff-top railway across to Lynton. Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park and The Big Sheep are also a must for the younger party members and sure to be a holiday highlight.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- You enter the property into the hallway where there is space to store boots, coats, fishing rods, buckets and spades.
- Cloakroom off the hallway with WC and wash basin.
- Sitting room with two large comfy sofas set around an open fire, television with both Freeview and Freesat, iPod docking, DVD player and Hi-Fi. A large bay window looks out over the terrace to the sea beyond.
- Dining room with large table and seating for eight guests, fireplace and television - a lovely place to chat about the days adventures over supper.
- Well equipped kitchen with tall fridge/freezer, electric oven, gas hob with five rings, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- King-size bedroom with fantastic views over the sea from the window and balcony outside, free standing wardrobe, chest of drawers and Freesat television. Wake up to the sound of the waves washing up on the beach with the balcony beckoning for your morning coffee.
- Pretty twin bedroom with two single beds, original fire place (for decorative use only) and a travel cot plus high chair.
- Spacious house bathroom with bath, separate large shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- En-suite king-size bedroom which also has fabulous sea views, a large wardrobe and occassional chair. The stylish en-suite has a walk-in shower cubicle, WC, heated towel rail and wash basin.
- Bunk bedroom which the younger ones will love with sea views, chest of drawers and a bean bag where they can sit and play with the toys.
- Additional house shower room with walk-in cubicle, WC, heated towel rail and wash basin.
Outside: Guests have two patio areas to ensure you catch all of the sunshine. Enjoy morning coffee on the sunny back patio and a 'sundowner' or alfresco supper at the front which catches the last of the days sunshine. Off-road parking for up to two vehicles if parked behind each other with additional on-street parking.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels are provided but please bring beach towels and linen for the cot. An additional compulsory cleaning charge of £140 will be applied to all bookings, with the option of paying an extra £50 for fresh bed linen should you be staying for longer than one week. Cot, highchair and booster seat provided. An additional charge also applies for internet access and any extra cleaning that is required for the oven and BBQ. Strictly no pets. Short breaks available out of peak season. Central heating throughout keeps Horizon cosy all year round.
Low Season from £700
Mid Season from £860
High Season from £1160
Peak Season £1810
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Kings, 1 Twin & 1 Bunk bedroom)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Cassandra Steel, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Horizon joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2016
For a fast response, please send your enquiries by email.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 14th August 2017
Approximate Location of Horizon
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book