High Corner - Thurlestone, South Hams, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
High Corner is a beautifully presented coastal retreat that is ideal for families or friends, sleeping up to six guests (four adults in a twin and double bedroom and two children in a bunk room). Ideally placed, this lovely cottage sits in an enviable position in the Devonshire village of Thurlestone and affords sea views from the balcony in the master bedroom and patio area. The glorious sandy beach is just a 'pebbles' throw away so you can stroll to the beach at any time of the day or evening to relax.
The South Hams is one of Devon's most desirable locations that affords a milder temperature and offers the perfect mix of seaside chic with costal charm. Visit the nearby vibrant town of Salcombe which is always bustling with tourists and sailors visiting its excellent pubs, restaurants and interesting shops. Bigbury on Sea and Bantham with is shallow waters and golden sands are nearby, as is the seaside village of Hope Cove with its sheltered bay - the choice of beaches both on the doorstep and within a short drive is simply superb!
Thurlestone itself is a picturesque little village with a lovely sandy beach. It is home to the exclusive Thurlestone Hotel with its excellent restaurant and spa with both indoor and outdoor pool for those who want some pampering. Meals can also be enjoyed in the 16th Century Village Inn for a more casual affair or enjoy a round of golf or game of tennis amongst spectacular scenery if you are more sport minded.
For those who enjoy walking, you can pick up the South West Coastal Path from the village and explore miles of stunning coastline, or enjoy a circular walk to Bantham with a good pub on the way for refreshments!
Offering the perfect blend of original character and modern day conveniences, alongside an idyllic location, High Corner is a real coastal gem.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
High Corner Continued
- Well equipped galley style kitchen with cream units topped with wooden worktops, dishwasher, microwave, electric oven/hob and a fridge/freezer. A door leads into a utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer leading on to...
- Bathroom with shower over the bath, WC, heated towel rail, wash basin and bidet.
- Cosy sitting room with lovely flag floor, comfy seating, flatscreen television and a Gas living flame stove which provides a warm glow at the flick of a switch.
- Dining room with stripped wooden floor, table and seating for six, along with a sofa bed - a great place to plan the next days adventures over supper. Light and airy, a glass doors leads outside to the patio area with outdoor furniture for alfresco dining.
- Master double bedroom in pastel shades with wooden wardrobe and chest of drawers for clothes storage. A door lets the light flood in and provides access to the balcony where you can sit and soak up the sea views while enjoy your morning tea or a glass of wine whilst you get ready of an evening.
- Twin bedroom which overlooks the village and has two single beds and a chest of drawers.
- Compact but comfy bunk bedroom for children.
- Shower room with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: The terrace outside the dining room provides an ideal place for enjoying a glass of wine or meal during the warmer weather. Off-road parking for two cars.
Additional information: Three night (min) short breaks available outside of peak. Two well behaved dogs are considered at an additional charge of £20 for one or £30 for two. Prices include heating, linen and electricity (please bring your own towels). No smoking.
Low Season from £500
Mid Season from £675
High Season from £800
Peak Season £950
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Bunk Room)
Owner: Jeffrey Gregson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
High Corner joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2016
Short Breaks Available-Please Enquire New central heating throughout March 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017
Approximate Location of High Corner
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book