Abigail's Cottage - Northam, Nr Bideford, Devon, England - Sleeps 5+1
Abigail's Cottage sleeps up to six guests and offers quirky yet stylish holiday accommodation in a superb coastal location, ideal for couples, friends or families looking for a holiday by the sea. Perfectly combining country charm with modern conveniences, this two bedroom holiday home is within walking distance of Northam Burrows and Westward Ho! on the North Devon coastline so ideal for lazy days on the beach.
Previously a watch repair shop, Abigail's Cottage is surprisingly spacious and has been delightfully transformed to provide luxury self-catering accommodation with a coastal theme running throughout. Stripped pine doors, original fireplaces, neutral tones and big vibrant paintings all add to the charm of this light and airy cottage.
Located in the little town of Northam in Devon, local shops, pubs, take aways and restaurants are within easy walking distance of Abigail's. Ideally placed for exploring this picturesque part of Devon, there are plenty of attractions within easy reach either by car, bike or foot. Northam Burrows Country Park (SSSI and AONB) is a vast area of coastal grassland, salt marshes and sand dunes providing a haven for wildlife and superb walking opportunities with wonderful coastal views. Virtually on the doorstep, the Burrows provide great opportunities for golfers with The Royal North Devon course sharing the site with walkers, horse riders and farm animals. The South West Coastal Path can also be easily accessed from the cottage.
Westward Ho! beach with its Blue Flag status offers great opportunities for those who enjoy water based activities, coastal walks and lazy days on the sands. Sitting just outside the village (a short stroll), the sandy beach is sheltered by a pebble ridge and cliffs and is one of north Devon's most popular beaches for lovers of sand, nature and rock pools, along with windsurfers, swimmers, surfers and fishermen drawn to the area in search of sea bass.
There are no shortage of great days out for all ages including the Big Sheep, RHS Rosemoor and boat trips to Lundy Island for some wildlife spotting. Whether you want to simply enjoy lazy days on the beach or want to explore North Devon, Abigail's Cottage provides a luxurious welcoming retreat at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Abigail's Cottage Continued
- Beautiful lounge which is spacious with a lovely light and airy feel. Tastefully decorated with pale colours this contemporary room has two comfortable armchairs, a three seater settee (this is a sofa bed and can accommodate an extra guest at an additional charge of £50), feature fireplace with Gas 'coal effect' fire, television and DVD player. To the rear an archway leads through to a peaceful snug area with original fireplace (not in use) where you can enjoy a quiet moment with a book.
- Open plan kitchen/diner with plenty of space and windows letting the light flood in. The courtyard garden is accessed via the kitchen back door. Decorated in neutral colours with modern artwork adding vibrant splashes of colour to the walls, this room perfectly blends modern conveniences with character features. Divided in two, there is a dining area with round table and six chairs at one end nearest the lounge and the kitchen at the other end. In the kitchen area itself, natural stone work surfaces and hand crafted units from reclaimed pine add to the character whilst appliances such as a Gas hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and laundry area with washing machine and tumble dryer cater for all your domestic needs.
- Light and airy master bedroom with double antique brass bed, chest of drawers and hooks for hanging items. The stylish en-suite has a fantastic deep roll-top bath, hand basin and WC - a lovely place for a 'wallow' after tackling the coastal path!
- Flexible family room with two adult size single beds (which can be linked to form a double), plus a day bed for a fifth guests or sofa for relaxing. A chest of drawers provides storage for clothes, along with several wall hooks.
- Modern shower room located between the two bedrooms with shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Stone steps lead up from the kitchen to the sunny south facing courtyard garden where you can enjoy alfresco dining in the warmer months. Plants and olive trees add to the charm of this outside area and sun loungers, garden furniture and BBQ are provided for relaxation.
Additional information: Bed Linen, towels, electricity and heating included in the price. Wi-Fi internet access available. Welcome pack provided.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £525
High Season from £650
Peak Season £895
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5+1 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Triple + sofa bed in lounge for one guest)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Abigail's Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017