Sutton Barton Farmhouse - Wilmington, Nr Honiton, Devon, England - Sleeps 16
Sutton Barton provides a warm welcome to large parties of up to sixteen guests in six en-suite bedrooms (plus an extra bathroom). Perfect for friends or families who want to get away together, this child-friendly holiday home sits within a Grade II listed farmhouse surrounded by an acre of well-maintained gardens on a working farm amongst glorious East Devonshire countryside.
With superb facilities including a patio with BBQ area and two hot tubs, sauna and enormous games room (which also has a bar!), as well as play areas both inside and out for the little ones, there is plenty of space for everyone. The living room provides the perfect place to relax in front of the log burner, and there is also a log burner in the dining room with large oak table seating sixteen in comfort - a wonderful place for a celebratory meal with everyone around one table (outside catering can be arranged). The kitchen is at the heart of the house and offers everything needed to self-cater (including two dishwashers, large American style fridge/freezer and range cooker) leading off to a breakfast room with small table and chairs.
Set amidst an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the farm offers a taste of country life with plenty of animals for the children to see (the owners are happy to provide a guided tour of the dairy farm which is always busy with plenty to see). It is located just four miles from the market town of Honiton (famed for its lace making) with a good range of shops and eateries; and half an hour from the coast with lovely beaches for those wanting a day by the sea. Lyme Regis, the pretty village of Beer (with fish hut where you can purchase the freshest of fish), Sidmouth with its Donkey Sanctuary and picturesque little Branscombe are the closest beaches, or travel just a little further (forty five minutes from the farmhouse) to the golden sands of Exmouth.
The area offers plenty to keep outdoor enthusiasts occupied with walks throughout the Blackdown Hills locally, as well as miles of walking throughout Dartmoor, Exmoor and the South West Coastal Path. Haldon Forest Park offers tree top adventures and great tracks and trails for mountain bikers, and for the younger ones, Crealy Adventure Park, Seaton Tramway and Axe Valley Wildlife Park are amongst the many great family days out.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Sutton Barton Farmhouse Continued
Occupying a wing and around fifty percent of the farmhouse, accommodation comprises:
- Entrance hall with lovely flagstone floor.
- Welcoming sitting room with comfy seating set around a large fireplace housing a wood burning stove - the perfect place to retire to after dinner with your favourite tipple in front of the fire. Television, DVD player and music system are provided for guest entertainment.
- Kitchen at the heart of the house with range cooker, two dishwashers, microwave and large American style fridge/freezer with water and ice dispenser. Off the kitchen is...
- Small breakfast room with round table and chairs - a good place for breakfast, morning coffee or to use as a separate dining area for children.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Fabulous dining room, positioned close to the kitchen with lovely large oak table set in front of the wood burning stove - plenty of room for the whole party to enjoy supper or a celebratory meal together around one table.
- Huge games room offering something for everyone with lots of space to socialise. Comfy seating is set around a large wall mounted television in the bar area, and there is a skittle alley, full size snooker table, table tennis and pool. This leads out to the courtyard with BBQ area, outdoor seating, sauna and two hot tubs.
- Spacious master bedroom with beams on the ceiling, polished wooden floor with huge rug, impressive antique double French bed and en-suite bathroom with fabulous freestanding bath, WC and wash basin.
- Additional double bedroom with new en-suite bathroom including bath, WC and wash basin.
- Large family bedroom in the eaves (accessed via a separate stair case) above the games room with double bed and two singles (plus bathroom with shower enclosure, bath and separate WC) - a nice bedroom for children to tuck themselves away.
- Second family bedroom which also has a double and two singles plus compact shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Two twin/super-king bedrooms (both with en-suites with the first having a shower and the second a bath - both with WC and wash basin) located next to each other with a lockable door in between, allowing them to be used as a family room if required. Beds in both twin rooms are zip and link and can be made up as super-kings by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Family bathroom at the top of the stairs with WC, bath, shower cubicle and wash basin.
Outside: Guests have plenty of space to relax and unwind outside during their stay with a private courtyard patio area providing the perfect place for alfresco dining and relaxing with outdoor furniture, two hot tubs (each seating six) and access to the games room and sauna. At the back of the property is a play area and lawn with plenty of space for children to let off steam (including trampoline, swings, slide etc).
Additional information: Two cots can be provided by request (please bring your own bedding and linen for the cot) as well as two high chairs. Two well-behaved dogs welcome by arrangement at an additional charge of £35 per dog. Central heating, electricity, bed linen, logs for the fires and towels included in the price. No smoking and no fireworks/Chinese lanterns due to the livestock in the surrounding fields and barns. WiFi internet access available for emails and browsing the web (not streaming movies). The owner is able to put you in touch with outside caterers if required. Friday changeover offered during peak but flexible outside of this period.
Low Season from £1555
Mid Season from £1835
High Season from £2095
Peak Season £2970
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16 people in 6 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 2 Twins & 2 Family rms each sleeping 4 guests)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Teresa Cooke, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sutton Barton Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th August 2017