East Byre - Skelton, Penrith, Cumbria, England - Sleeps 6Group bookings available: This property is one of 3 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 17 guests
Sojourn North offers a choice of three self-catering holiday homes, each unique in style and beautifully presented throughout. East Byre (featured in this advert) accommodates parties of up to six, West Barn up to seven and South Byre four guests, making them perfect for families, couples (one or two) and also large groups of up to ten or even seventeen when all properties are rented together.
Located within a complex of converted farm buildings at Salutation Yard, these impressive self-catering cottages are nicely tucked away in the picturesque tranquil Eden Valley, yet within easy reach of a host of attractions sitting on the edge of the Lake District National Park. Located in the unspoilt Cumbrian village of Skelton, guests have a pub in the village within a two minute stroll, as well as a public tennis court (during the warmer months) and a play area for children. The Upfront Gallery and Puppet Theatre with its vegetarian restaurant is also within walking distance and just a mile away (walking boots or wellies may be required!).
With lovely walks and bike rides amongst beautiful scenery, The Eden Valley is nicely sandwiched between the fells of the Lakes and the Pennines. It's rolling green countryside is dotted with pretty little villages which have managed to remain unspoilt and escape the crowds of busier tourist hot spots. The area is abundant with wildlife including lots of red squirrels, as well as trout and salmon on the River Eden which winds its way through the valley as it travels north to the Solway Firth. For those who enjoy fishing, canoeing or kayaking, the river offers plenty of opportunities.
Lace up your walking boots and explore miles of tracks and trails, visit the 'Long Meg and her daughters' stone circle which is the country's third largest, or sit back and soak up the scenery in a leisurely fashion with a nostalgic trip on the famous Settle to Carlisle Railway.
For those who can tear themselves away from the tranquility of the Eden Valley, Ullswater (just over ten miles) and the bustling market town of Keswick (sixteen miles) are just two of the Lake District's many attractions within easy driving distance, as is Carlisle's historic city centre and the North Pennines - another tranquil walker's paradise.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
East Byre Continued
East Byre is exceptionally flexible and can accommodate up to six guests when the whole house is rented in three bedrooms split across two floors. Alternatively, just the ground floor can be rented on its own for couples providing single level accommodation suitable for wheelchair users (please speak to the owner before booking to discuss your personal requirements).
- You can either enter East Byre via the front door which has a step to access the hall, or via double doors off the patio with a ramp taking you into the living area.
- Hallway with room to store coats and boots with stairs taking you up to the first floor.
- Open-plan living area with plenty of space to cook, relax and dine. The well equipped kitchen has electric oven/hob (including extractor above), fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. There is also a washing machine in a cupboard under the stairs (plus a dishwasher in an outside building for the shared use of guests). A dining table with stylish chairs comfortably seats six, as do the comfy sofas in the sitting area with wall mounted television, DVD player, iPod docking and electric 'log effect' fire. Double doors (including ramp) take you out to the patio with garden furniture for alfresco dining.
- Flexible bedroom with zip and link beds that can be made up as a super-king or two singles by prior arrangement. There is a dressing table, large wardrobe with drawers, television and DVD player, as well as room for a cot if required.
- Shower room with WC, wash basin and large cubicle with curtain and grab rails (a raised seat for the WC and shower seat can be provided).
- Study area with desk for those who want to catch up on emails and keep in touch with the outside world.
- Second flexible bedroom with zip and link beds that offers the same facilities as the ground floor bedroom.
- Family bathroom with freestanding bath, shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- King-size master bedroom with en-suite shower room (including WC and wash basin) and vaulted ceiling with exposed roof trusses, adding to the charm of the room.
Outside: Guests have a patio for relaxing during the warmer months, off-road parking and a secure storage space in an outbuilding where outdoor equipment, bikes etc can safely be stored.
Additional information: Unfortunately, no dogs. Prices include heating, electricity, bed linen and towels. Short breaks (three night minimum starting on a Monday or Friday) available throughout most of the year. The owners aim to be as flexible as possible. WiFi internet access.
Low Season from £445
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £520
Peak Season £610
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Twin/Super-kings & 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
Please note: East Byre sleeps 6 people. The owner has 3 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 17 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Jane Hodgkinson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
East Byre joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st August 2017