Eskmeals House - Eskmeals, Nr Ravenglass, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 21
Eskmeals House is an impressive Georgian holiday home sleeping large groups of up to twenty one guests in comfort and classic charm. Sitting within its own grounds that extend to some seven acres of woods, lawns, natural areas and a walled garden, the house is ideal for extended groups of friends or families and is perfect for celebrating a special occasion such as a hen/stag night, birthday or anniversary at any time of the year.
Offering the opportunity of experiencing country life, Eskmeals House is positioned within the Lake District National Park and affords an enviable position within easy reach of the Irish sea and under a mile from the beach. The surrounding landscape has much appeal with its beautiful views over the fells, lovely walks and interesting flora and fauna.
Sitting in the Western Lakes, Eskmeals House is close to the Cumbrian coastal village of Ravenglass, Muncaster with its castle complete with hawk and owl centre, and the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway Line for a nostalgic way of seeing the beautiful scenery. The areas many attractions are also within easy reach including Scafell Pike (the country's highest peak), Wastwater (its deepest lake), Coniston (take on the challenge of The Old Man!), Hawkhead and Windermere - all within driving distance.
With the Cumbrian coast on the doorstep and the many Lakeland attractions a short car ride away, Eskmeals House offers the best of both worlds and provides plenty of space and the perfect setting for all large gatherings, whether it be work or pleasure.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
Eskmeals House Continued
- Cosy front lounge with impressive fireplace housing a multi-fuel stove, comfy seating and nice views over the garden.
- Breakfast room where you can sit at the tables and enjoy your morning coffee.
- Kitchen equipped with everything needed to self-cater including an electric range cooker with two ovens and a grill, microwave, dishwasher, large fridge and plenty of glasses, crockery, pots, pans etc.
- Breakfast room with table/chairs and storage for the additional microwave, fridge, cooler for wine and beer, freezer and washer/dryer.
- Drawing room with comfy seating, Freeview television, DVD player, iPod docking music centre, lovely fireplace with stove, wooden floor and big window letting plenty of light flood in.
- Dining room with very large table and benches seating everyone in a banqueting style in front of the stove set in the inglenook fireplace.
- Hallway leading off to a cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
- A staircase takes you up to the half landing where there is a cloak room with WC, and also a bathroom with Victorian bath and wash basin. This leads up to...
- Shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds and a convenient wash basin.
- King-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Additional king-size bedroom with wash basin.
- Family room that has both a king-size bed and a single (plus cot), along with an en-suite shower room.
- Further family room with double and single bed which is accessed via a separate staircase.
Attic (accessed by stairs)
- Two double bedrooms.
- Family bedroom with three single beds.
South Wing (approached by a staircase offering a more private place to escape to at the end of the day)
- King-size bedroom with Victorian fireplace which is a lovely feature (not working).
- Bathroom with WC and wash basin.
Outside: Guests have seven acres of lovely grounds to enjoy so there is plenty of space to relax, play games and enjoy eating outside (Gas BBQ provided). Plenty of off-road parking.
Additional information: Bed linen is provided but please bring your own towels (including tea towels). Coal is provided for the fires but not logs. Electricity and heating is included in the price during the winter (please note it is set to be on from 07:45 - 11.30, then again from 15:00 to 00:30 - should you require heating outside of these times, an additional charge will be applied). Unlimited free Wi-Fi internet access available. One cot and high chair provided. Hen and stag nights welcome. An outside caterer can be arranged - please speak to the owner for details. Should you want to bring a pet, please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £850
Mid Season from £1200
High Season from £1600
Peak Season £2245
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 21 people in 9 bedrooms (1 Twin, 3 Kings, 3 Family, 2 Doubles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Yvonne & Kevin Shelley, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Eskmeals House joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2016
Full weeks and weekend breaks available Late availability www.eskmealshouse.co.uk
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th September 2017