10 Meadowcroft - Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
10 Meadowcroft offers stylish modern accommodation that comfortably accommodates up to six guests in three en-suite bedrooms. Exceptionally spacious, the ground floor apartment sits in a beautifully converted property that was formerly a gentleman's residence and today provides a superb base for exploring the Lake District and its many attractions.
The apartment affords lovely views towards Lake Windermere, has its own private patio for alfresco dining and offers guests the use of an all-weather tennis court, croquet lawn and putting area in the mature gardens that extend to two acres. Whether you are getting away to spend time with friends, family or as a couple, 10 Meadowcroft is an ideal retreat at any time of the year.
Ideally placed, the apartment is only one mile from the popular Lakeland village of Bowness-on-Windermere, which is a real tourist trap with its great choice of eating establishments, shops, cinema and popular attractions including the World of Beatrix Potter and the Steamboat Museum with its unique collection in a stunning setting. Lake Windermere is of course one of the major attractions of the area, being the country's largest lake offering a multitude of opportunities for water based activities in a stunning setting. Enjoy lovely walks around the lake shore, hire a kayak or boat to explore the lake under your own steam or take a leisurely lake cruise and let someone else show you the sights. The islands cruise, or a trip to Ambleside or the Lakes Aquarium to the south are all popular choices. For those who want to explore the quieter western shore of the lake, hop on the cary ferry and make sure you visit Hill Top, the home of Beatrix Potter (NT) whilst there.
Also close by and a short stroll from the apartment is the Storrs Hall luxury hotel, ideally placed on the lake shore with its excellent restaurant and stunning grounds with beautiful gardens alongside the lake which are home to the famous Storrs Temple, which was restored by the National Trust. The award winning Arts and Crafts house of Blackwell is also worth a visit and sited above the hotel with its tea room and spectacular views over the Lake.
For those who enjoy walking, you are spoilt for choice with low level walks directly from the apartment taking you to wonderful viewpoints such as Biskey Howe or Brant Fell - perfect places to soak up the beauty of the area or head to the high fells, just a short drive away.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
10 Meadowcroft Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Spacious sitting room with windows that provide lovely views over lake Windermere, comfy seating, flat screen television, DVD player, and Wi-Fi (which is super fast!).
- Large private patio with views over the gardens towards the lake. Guests also have the use of communal gardens with all-weather tennis court, croquet lawn and putting area.
- Selection of DVDs, games and books etc.
- Large kitchen with dining area, double oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and wine cooler.
- Utility room with washer and drier, iron and ironing board.
- Master king-size bedroom with television and en-suite with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
- Two twin bedrooms, each with two single beds and en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Visitor parking available with allocated parking space.
- Central heating keeps the apartment warm all year round.
Additional information: Linen, towels, electricity and heating included within the price. Unfortunately no dogs and no smoking. Short breaks - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £650
Peak Season £750
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 2 Twins)
Owner: Ian Murray, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
10 Meadowcroft joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017