The Hayloft - Allithwaite, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
The Hayloft sleeps six guests in three bedrooms and is a luxurious holiday cottage with wide appeal to couples looking for a romantic break, walkers wanting a cosy retreat to return home to and families or friends wanting to holiday together. Formerly an old threshing barn, dating back centuries, this delightful cottage offers the perfect mix of original features including beams and stonework, with lovely classic fabrics and contemporary natural materials.
The open plan hand-crafted kitchen and dining area provides a social area for eating and the child-friendly oak staircase takes you up to the galleried lounge with small sofa bed where you can sit and relax on the window-seats and enjoy the views over Morecambe Bay. There are three lovely bedrooms, one with a lovely antique Victorian double bed, along with two bathrooms with power showers and corner baths. The garden room is the perfect place for morning coffee where you can look out over the garden with lawn and borders and the stone stable has been converted into a games room and laundry, providing plenty of room for children to safely play.
Sitting in the heart of Allithwaite village, you have a great food pub, The Pheasant Inn for a pint or meal out, a well-stocked shop for provisions and a park within a short walk of the cottage. There is also access onto the Cumbria Coastal Way which takes you to Humphrey Head, a nature reserve and limestone cliff run by Cumbria Wildlife Trust which is renowned for its flora and fauna; along with Wraysholme Tower, a 15th century Pele tower which can also be seen from the lounge of The Hayloft. Discover the network of paths and trails from the cottage front door and enjoy spectacular views across the Peninsula and beyond to the majestic Lakeland fells and Morecambe Bay.
The picturesque Cumbrian village of Cartmel is just two miles away and has the famous 2-star Michelin restaurant, L’Enclume, owned by Celebrity Chef Simon Rogan and acknowledged as the best restaurant in the UK for the last couple of years. There is also a 12th Century Priory, steeplechase racecourse and of course, the famous sticky toffee pudding shop.
For those who want to explore the whole area, the ancient fishing village of Flookburgh sits to the west with its Lakeland Miniature Village and Ducky’s Park Farm, a great all-weather attraction for the younger ones. Holker Hall is another popular attractions and a magnificent Victorian stately home owned by Lord and Lady Cavendish. With spectacular gardens, parkland, a cafe, food Hall and events, you can while away an enjoyable day exploring this treasure.
Walk or take a short drive over the hill to Grange-over-Sands; formerly a Victorian and Edwardian seaside resort, it is a haven for birdwatchers, photographers and artists alike. Take a stroll along the promenade stretching some mile-long, take in the ornamental gardens, have traditional afternoon tea, browse the gift shops or enjoy a round at one of the two golf courses.
With so many attractions on the doorstep, you will find yourself torn between relaxing amongst the beautiful coastal scenery that surrounds or exploring the many areas and delights of the Lake District National Park.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Hayloft Continued
- Rustic oak kitchen very well equipped and beautifully finished with black granite worktops, including a Belfast sink, dishwasher, microwave, electric fan oven, induction hob and fridge, leading into...
- Open plan dining area with oak dining table, chairs, antique fireplace and local green slate floor.
- Oak conservatory with slate roof, central heating, cane suite and television/DVD player. Overlooking the garden with fountain, pergola, lawn and borders, this is a lovely place to enjoy meals from a light breakfast to a sociable supper.
- Converted stone-built stable used as a games room with table tennis, table football and darts, along with a laundry room housing a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Romantic gold double bedroom featuring a fantastic fringed four-poster bed.
- Blue bathroom with power shower in wider pentangle enclosure, WC, wash basin and centrally-heated towel rail.
- Cosy lounge with generous comfortable seating - including small sofa bed - for relaxing and enjoying the lovely views over the trees, fields and seascape to Morecambe Bay. A feature gas fire sits in the stone and oak fireplace with forty inch television above are provided for guests entertainment and enjoyment.
- Light and airy double bedroom.
- Third twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Green bathroom with a deep corner bath, WC, wash basin and Italian limestone floor. With traditional green shades, this is an ideal place to relax at the end of the day whilst having a deep hot soak.
Additional information: Prices includes bed linen, towels and all utilities including gas and electricity. Wi-Fi provided and included in the price. Pets welcome.
Low Season from £320
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £675
Peak Season £975
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Twin)
Owner: Carrie Tomlinson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Hayloft joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2013
Visit England 4 Star GOLD AWARD 2017! Short breaks deposit 50% and full weeks 30% deposit; balance 6 weeks prior to holiday - calculated: 3 Nights 75%; 4 Nights 85% unless stated otherwise/offers!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017