Granton Lodge - Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
This exceptional Lakeland lodge affords a truly spectacular position with views over Lake Windermere. Sleeping up to six guests, Granton Lodge is situated in one of the Lake District's most desirable locations, Storrs Park, often referred to as 'millionaires row'.
Beautifully presented throughout, Granton Lodge nestles amongst attractive well maintained gardens where you can enjoy alfresco suppers whilst watching the sunset over Lake Windermere. The inside is every bit as appealing with a lovely blend of contemporary classic style, enhanced by a high level of finishing and fabulous lake views from many windows.
Lakeland locations don't get much better than this. Spend your days relaxing in the oasis of calm that surrounds the lodge, or venture away and explore the areas abundance of attractions. There are fabulous walks straight from the front door or take the Hawkshead ferry and explore the west side of Lake Windermere.
Jump in the car and within a matter of minutes you are in the very heart of Bowness with its interesting shops, restaurants, cafes and welcoming pubs. Hire a rowing boat or take a lake cruise to see the sights from the water's edge.
Windermere village is just over a mile away from Bowness and is a bustling town with a railway station, plenty more shops to browse, places for a meal out and the famous Lakeland kitchen shop.
Alternatively, stay put and simply relax in the garden with one of the best views in the Lakes!
- Internet Access
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Granton Lodge Continued
- Welcoming sitting room with wall mounted Smart television (with Freeview), gas fire for a cosy environment at the flick of a switch, comfy seating, iPod docking and DVD player. Dual aspect windows provide lovely views over the garden with the lake beyond.
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, oven (electric), hob (Gas) and microwave (a combi with oven and grill). This leads into...
- Dining area with table that comfortably seats six - a nice place for supper or celebratory meal with windows and French doors taking you out to the terrace where you can sit and soak up the views over the garden and water.
- Separate utility room which houses the washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- En-suite double with shower room including a WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- House shower room with WC, wash basin, shower cubicle and heated towel rail.
- Double bedroom upstairs nicely tucked away from the rest of the house with beamed sloping low ceiling and Freeview television.
- Bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The terrace has outdoor furniture so you can enjoy alfresco dining whilst soaking up the wonderful views. There is also an enclosed garden with lawn area for relaxing during the warmer months. Bike storage available and off-road parking for three vehicles.
Additional information: Gas Central heating throughout keeps the lodge warm all year round. Prices include heating, electricity, bed linen and towels. Welcome pack provided upon arrival. Two pets welcome by arrangement. No smoking. Ground floor bedrooms and living mean the lodge is suitable for those with limited mobility.
Low Season from £760
Mid Season from £840
High Season from £1205
Peak Season £1560
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Twin)
Owner: Neil & Andrea Pullin-Turner (managers), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Granton Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Winter long-weekends available, 3 or 4 night breaks, with late checkout.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017
Approximate Location of Granton Lodge
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book