Ben Place Cottage - Grasmere, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Ben Place Cottage sleeps up to four guests and is perfect for one or two couples who want to explore the Lake District National Park. Ideally placed in a peaceful spot in the popular picturesque Cumbrian village of Grasmere, guests have excellent amenities within walking distance.
The cottage was formerly part of a 'gentleman's residence' and today provides a welcoming retreat where you can enjoy peace, tranquility and lovely views, as well as the opportunity to stroll out to the pubs, restaurants and shops (just ten minutes level walk away in the village centre).
Grasmere was made famous by William Wordsworth who resided in the village. His house (Dove Cottage) is an exceptionally popular tourist attraction, as is Grasmere's Gingerbread Shop! A short walk away is the lake which offers lovely walks around the shore and also rowing boats to hire.
Well placed for exploring all the major attractions of the Lakes, Windermere with its lake cruises, Coniston (take on the challenge of the Old Man!), Keswick (home to the Pencil Museum and Theatre on the Lake), Ambleside, Bowness with Beatrix Potter World, Ullswater (which also offers lake cruises), Grizedale Forest and the Langdale Valley are all within easy driving distance. Alternatively, leave the car at home and take advantage of the bus service that stops close to the cottage and provides access to many of the attractions and also the train station at Windermere (making a car free holiday a real possibility).
For those who enjoy the great outdoors and walking, you are spoilt for choice with mountains for those who like a challenge and low-level lake walks for a more relaxed stroll. Walk straight from Ben Place Cottage to Stone Arthur, Alcock Tarn (a lovely NT walk) or Easedale Tarn just two miles away. Alternatively, have a full days adventure and head off to the Langdales, Helvellyn or the Fairfield Horseshoe (one of the classic Lakeland walks).
A stay at Ben Place Cottage allows you to be as active or as lazy as you wish on your holiday in the Lake District.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Ben Place Cottage Continued
- External stairs take you to the porch which leads into the sitting room at first floor level.
- Open-plan sitting room which has a nice sense of space with comfy seating, flat screen television, DVD and CD players and a log burner for cosy nights in. There is also a dining table with four chairs leading into...
- Nicely presented galley style kitchen equipped with everything you should need to self-cater including a dishwasher, plenty of cupboards for storage, microwave, electric oven/hob and fridge.
- Double bedroom which has both a dressing room with plenty of clothes storage and an en-suite bathroom with shower-bath (please note that this room is under seven foot wide so provides access to each side of the bed but with limited space - see photo).
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Second well appointed double bedroom.
- Utility/boiler room with a freezer and washer/dryer.
Outside: A patio garden with outdoor furniture provides a lovely place to enjoy the sunny aspect during the warmer months. Off-road parking for two cars.
Additional information: The cottage has oil-fired central heating and a log burner for extra cosiness in the living room. Unfortunately no pets and no smoking. One child over the age of five is welcome. Wi-Fi internet access. All bed linen, tea towels, bath mats provided but you do need to bring your own towels.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £485
High Season from £600
Peak Season £700
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Doubles)
Owner: Hugh & Wendy Taylor, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ben Place Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017