Brantrake House - Eskdale Valley, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 8
Brantrake is a beautiful light and airy house set in a large private garden. The house has splendid views of the surrounding Eskdale valley and adjacent fells and can comfortably accommodate parties of up to eight guests. There is a splendid large family dining kitchen with slate floor, Aga cooker and French windows to garden. Upstairs is a magnificent lounge with panoramic views across the valley towards Muncaster Fell, Mitredale and the river Esk.
The house is surrounded by fields, woodland and rocky fell side in a peaceful secluded location perfect for those who want to explore the unspoilt Eskdale valley, the Central fells and Western Lakes.
There are many walking and cycling routes from the doorstep suitable for a range of abilities. Other activities nearby include fishing, canoeing, climbing and golf.
There are five excellent pubs in the valley providing a very warm welcome and good food. The nearby village of Eskdale Green has a shop and post office.
Places to visit include Scafell Pike and Wastwater which are within easy reach, Hardknott and Wrynose pass, Hardknott Roman fort, the beautiful River Esk with its bridges and mountain swimming pools, Stanley Ghyll falls and numerous tarns including nearby Devoke water, Muncaster castle with its gardens and Owl centre and the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway.
This is an ideal location for anyone wanting peace and quiet; to relax amongst stunning scenery; explore the Lake District along with its many attractions; and for those who enjoy walking.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Brantrake House Continued
- Large well equipped kitchen and dining area with slate floor and modern amenities including Aga cooker, American style fridge-freezer and dishwasher. The dining table seats up to eight guests and French doors lead out to a large garden with wonderful open fell views.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Double Bedroom with views across the valley.
- Bathroom with WC, bath and shower.
- Cloak room
- Large living room with wood burning stove and panoramic views on three sides. There is also HD LCD television.
- One double and two twin bedrooms all with lovely views.
- Bathroom with WC and shower.
- From the upstairs hall are French windows leading to the garden at the rear.
Additional information: The house has private parking for several cars. Outside there is ample seating and tables for relaxing and a charcoal BBQ. Prices include heating, electricity, logs and linen. Board games and books are provided.
Low Season from £375
Mid Season from £800
High Season from £1000
Peak Season £1450
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Peter & Anne Altounyan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Brantrake House joined Independent Cottages in April 2012
Owner's Other Properties
Newly refurbished. We have had no flooding issues
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th July 2017