Water Cottage - Kersey, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 5
Water Cottage affords an enviable position close to ford in the picturesque Suffolk village of Kersey. The jewel in Suffolk's crown, Kersey has been featured a number of times on television including the Meerkat adverts, which is hardly surprising considering how beautiful this quintessentially English village is.
With a good pub and lovely countryside walks starting straight from the front door, Water Cottage offers all the right ingredients for you, your friends and family to have a great weekend or holiday away exploring Suffolk.
The picturesque Medieval village of Hadleigh is close by, and offers a great selection of independent shops to browse and places for a meal out. Alternatively, venture a little further and explore Long Melford with its antique shops, and Lavenham with its beautifully preserved buildings.
Suffolk and East Anglia offer an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy with rivers to fish or explore by kayak, golf, country sports such as shooting, and quiet leafy lanes for cyclist with country pubs enroute for refreshment. As a county it has more than its fair share of nature reserves, attracting wildlife enthusiasts and twitchers, as well as a beautiful coastline with big open skies and lovely beaches such as popular Aldeburgh and quieter Orford with its creek teaming with wildlife.
Whether you are looking for a weekend away or longer holiday, Water Cottage is a perfect choice at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Water Cottage Continued
Dating back to the 15th Century, Water Cottage has been beautifully restored to provide luxury accommodation for up to five guests.
- On the ground floor is the main living area with independent spaces for dining, cooking and sitting, each divided by a wealth of beams, central fireplace and unique character. The sitting room room provides the perfect place to relax at the end of the day with comfy seating set around a huge inglenook housing a wood burning stove. This leads into...
- Compact coffee room with table and chairs taking you into..
- Kitchen with everything needed to self-cater including a fridge (with freezer compartment), microwave, cooker and washing machine.
- Dining area with round table and chairs set in front of a beautiful fireplace - enjoy chatting over supper with the fire roaring in the background.
- Two bedrooms which each have a king-size bed.
- Small but cosy bunk bedroom with full size single beds sleeping two children or one adult (there is limited space in this room hence it is not recommended for two adults).
- Family bathroom with WC, wash basin and roll top bath (with hand held shower attachment) for a long soak at the end of the day.
Outside: Guests can enjoy dining outside in the enclosed garden with plenty of lawn space for relaxing.
Additional information: Up to two well behaved dogs welcome. Strictly no smoking. Cot available. Short breaks available. Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels.
Low Season from £574
Mid Season from £667
High Season from £864
Peak Season £1186
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings & 1 Bunk room sleeping 2 children or 1 adult)
Owner: Mark Scott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Water Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2016