Crossing Cottage - Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 4+1
Aldeburgh is a lovely popular seaside town on the Suffolk heritage coast which provides the perfect place to relax and escape the pressures of everyday life. With a shingle beach and an excellent selection of shops, restaurants, pubs, a cinema, model boat pond, lifeboat station and golf course, you have everything within easy reach.
Fishing is still a thriving trade of this delightful town and the fishing huts, working boats and sail boats bobbing on the river all add to the charm and ambience, which has made this town so popular over the years.
There are numerous places of interest to visit nearby including: Snape Maltings (famous for its music festivals, art exhibitions, shopping and food festival); the well known bird sanctuary at Minsmere; Orford and Framlingham castles and sandy beaches at Walberswick and Southwold. Aldeburgh is also surrounded by pretty villages making this area a pleasure to explore. Alternatively, for those who want to stay locally, why not take a leisurely stroll along the unspoilt seafront or enjoy lunch in one of the many great places to eat.
Crossing Cottage was built around one hundred years ago on the now disused railway between Aldeburgh and Leiston. It lies at the end of a quiet lane where three footpaths meet leading to the beach (ten minutes through the caravan park), the town (ten minutes) and Thorpness (one and a half miles). Being in a quiet position with a south facing garden, this charming holiday cottage offers an ideal place to relax and enjoy all the facilities Aldeburgh has to offer or to use as a base to explore the beautiful Suffolk area.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Crossing Cottage Continued
- Comfortable sitting room with wood-burning stove, leather sofa and chairs, television, video, DVD player and stereo. A good selection of books, games, videos and toys are provided.
- Conservatory off the sitting room which overlooks and opens into the rear garden and which is furnished with a sofa and card table, providing the ideal place for morning coffee or relaxing on a wet day.
- Well equipped kitchen/diner with adjoining utility area providing gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble drier and plenty of crockery and utensils.
- Rear lobby leading to the garden which provides lots of extra storage and hanging space for coats, boots etc.
- Three bedrooms (one double and two singles) which are comfortably furnished.
- Pretty bathroom with shower cubicle, corner bath, basin and WC.
- Separate cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is a fully enclosed south facing rear garden with garden furniture, shed and plenty of room for relaxing, a barbeque or a game of football. There is also off-street parking for two cars.
Additional information: All bed linen and towels are provided. Beds are made up ready for your arrival. Extra towels are provided for the beach and gas and electricity are included within the price. Short Breaks and Weekends available at certain times of the year - please enquire with owner. The cottage sleeps four plus 1 baby in a travel cot. High chair available upon request. Broadband internet access available for guests. Dogs are very welcome but the owner does ask that they are kept off the furniture and out of the bedrooms. Bowls, bed and crate available on request.
Low Season from £550
Mid Season from £595
High Season from £750
Peak Season £695
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+1 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 2 Singles + cot)
Owner: Linda Phelan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Crossing Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2009
Owner's Other Properties
Cosy cottage sleeps 4. Walk to beach, tennis, cinema, boat pond,shops and restaurants. Families and dogs welcome. Home-made cake. Free WiFi. Last minute deals and short breaks available.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th June 2017
Approximate Location of Crossing Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book