Flint Cottage - Saxmundham, Nr Snape & Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 4
Flint Cottage is a very pretty single-storey period holiday cottage that is located in the quiet, friendly market town of Saxmundham, providing a perfect place for a relaxing break at any time of the year. It is ideally situated just four miles from Snape and eight miles from the popular coastal town of Aldeburgh - providing the ideal base to enjoy all that Suffolk and its beautiful coastline has to offer.
Saxmundham is a small market-town (market-day Wednesday) which is positioned on the River Fromus, a tributary of the River Alde. Here you feel like you are stepping back in time to a more relaxed pace of life.
Located just five hundred yards from the High Street, Flint Cottage is close to the good selection of interesting independent shops to browse. There is also a newsagents, stationers, bakers, chemist, hairdressers, pet shop plus two supermarkets - Waitrose and Tesco (both open seven days). This charming town even has its own Museum and two small art galleries, along with a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and take-away outlets catering for all tastes and budgets.
For a sumptuous meal, try The Bell - renowned for its excellent food which is reasonably priced!
For an evening stroll or Sunday walk, Carlton Country Park is just ten minutes walk away and you are able to take a short ride on a bus or taxi to nearby Leiston, Snape or Aldeburgh for an evening at the theatre, cinema, concert or a meal. Alternatively you may decide to stay more locally and try the “Poacher’s Pocket” - a traditional, quaint country pub serving home-cooked meals and real ales (just five minutes by car or a pleasant 30 minute walk through the Country Park).
Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or want to visit the many places of interest and attractions of Suffolk, this is an ideal place to spend a holiday or short break.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Flint Cottage Continued
Flint Cottage is a traditional Suffolk flint holiday cottage that is believed to date back to around the 1800’s. Many of the lovely period features have been retained and the cottage has been renovated to provide guests with all the modern comforts and conveniences you would expect.
As the cottage is single-storey, all the accommodation is on one level - with no stairs, or awkward steps.
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Cosy living room with woodburner. The place to be on chilly afternoons or winter evenings is in front of a gently crackling log-fire! The first basket of logs is provided, extra logs can be purchased locally.
- Separate dining room overlooking the pretty (private) courtyard.
- For rainy days or lazy afternoons there is a small library of magazines, books, DVDs and board-games. There is also a flat screen television which has BT-TV (and BT Sport) and can play DVD's and CD's, plus radio stations.
- Fully equipped kitchen with all essentials - including electric cooker with double oven and ceramic hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer and a microwave. There is plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery, along with other useful items, plus initial supplies of tea, coffee, etc.
- The Green Room: Double bedroom with 4’6” double bed and built in wardrobes.
- The Blue Room: Main bedroom with kingsize bed and built-in wardrobes.
- Bathroom with power shower over the full-length bath, plus shaver point.
- Secure enclosed garden to the front and pretty (private) courtyard garden (with outdoor furniture and parasol for hot weather) to the rear.
- Iron and ironing board provided. Washing line in courtyard.
Additional information: Prices are fully inclusive - there is nothing else to pay. All bedlinen and towels are provided. There is plenty of hanging and drawer space, plus useful items such as alarm clocks and hairdryers. A travel cot and highchair are available on request, at time of booking, at no extra charge. Log burner - beginning of October, until end of March/April - depending upon the climate. First basket of wood provided, additional logs can be purchased locally. Small, well behaved dogs welcome, at no extra charge (please note that the property is not suitable for large dogs). Short-breaks are available (three night minimum applies) - please enquire with the owner. Maximum price is £695 (July, August, Christmas and New Year). Visit Britain 4 star rated. The cottage has full gas central heating.
Transport: The area has a very good public transport system and there is a direct service from London Liverpool Street to Saxmundham station, taking approximately one and a half hours, making this an ideal location for those who do not want to bring the car.
Changeover day: Saturday during spring/summer and Friday during the winter.
Low Season from £495
Mid Season from £575
High Season from £625
Peak Season £695
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Kingsize bed)
Owner: Dawn Ribnell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Flint Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2009
Owner's Other Properties
Up to £200 OFF selected weeks - BOOK NOW for your SUMMER Holidays!
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th August 2017
Approximate Location of Flint Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book