Stable Cottage - Cromer, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 6
Stable Cottage sleeps six guests and is a luxurious stylish 5 Star Gold awarded self-catering cottage sitting in an enviable position close to the seaside town of Cromer on the North Norfolk coastline. This beautiful secluded holiday cottage is in a peaceful position in the heart of a Norfolk village and just five minutes walk from the beach, restaurants, local amenities and spectacular coastal walks. It also benefits from plenty of off street parking and is a perfectly placed for those who enjoy golf or who want to explore the beautiful East Anglia North Norfolk coastline.
This beautiful cottage offers three inviting bedrooms with gleaming contemporary en-suite bathrooms, and is complimented by oak floors and stairs, huge beds dressed with crisp linens, a stylish décor and soft lighting. It also has a lovely flint walled garden with a private luxury hot tub and for those who want to stay in touch whilst on holiday, there is the use of a computer with Internet access.
The owners go to great lengths to make you feel welcome during your stay and provide a gourmet 'welcome pack' for your arrival, with complimentary wine, famous local sausages, free range eggs, dry cured bacon plus scrumptious freshly made bread and cakes.
There is a non-smoking policy throughout and children over five years of age are welcome. Two well behaved dogs are also welcome subject to some pet 'house rules' and a small surcharge.
There is simply so much to do and see in this lovely part of the country and Stable Cottage makes an ideal peaceful retreat where you can simply relax or use it as a touring base for exploring the North Norfolk coast, Norwich and the Norfolk Broads. It is also only thirty five minutes drive from the Norwich International Airport.
The coastline is often referred to as the 'jewel in Norfolk's crown' with its huge golden beaches (East Runton's being just three hundred metres from Stable Cottage) and popular award winning beaches at Sheringham and Cromer which have been awarded Blue Flag status. The coastline is varied where you can enjoy pine woods surrounding sand dunes at Holkham or historic pretty harbour villages at Blakeney, Salthouse, Morston, Brancaster Staithe and Cley-next-the-Sea.
Boat trips to Blakeney Point to see the seas are popular with boats leaving from Morston and Blakeney and the cottage is just a stones throw from Royal Cromer Golf Courses and Sheringham Golf Course, which both overlook the sea, providing a stunning backdrop! Also nearby is the North Norfolk Steam Railway which offers train rides allowing you to take in the beautiful coastal and countryside scenery in a leisurely fashion. There are a number of National Trust homes to visit in the area along with plenty of opportunity to enjoy wildlife, horse riding and wonderful coastal and woodland walks.
For those who want to travel a little further, Stable Cottage sits on the outskirts of the Norfolk Broads and provides good opportunities for those who enjoy sailing or water activities. Leisure boats are available to rent from a choice of boatyards and provide the perfect way to explore the extensive network of rivers that this area has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Stable Cottage Continued
Stable Cottage was originally converted from the stable belonging to Incleborough House and today provides a high quality retreat for six guests. Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Lovely garden at the back of the cottage which is south facing and contains the fantastic hot tub, enclosed by a listed flint wall.
- Gated gravel drive with off-road private parking for five cars.
- Entrance hall with oak floor leading into the exceptionally well equipped kitchen/diner, cloakroom, sumptuous lounge and ground floor bedroom.
- Oak stairway that leads up to the first floor with spacious bedroom with shower room and twin bedroom with en-suite with bath.
- Ground floor bedroom complemented by oak furniture and zip and link bed that can be made up as a six foot super-king or two singles.
- All three bedrooms have LCD televisions (with DVD player and Sky), surround sound stereo systems and hair dryers.
- Bathrooms offer plenty of luxuries for a long relaxing soak at the end of the day including Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, fluffy bathrobes and towels, power showers, complimentary slippers and under floor heating making it cosy underfoot. The two ensuites have televisions over the bath within the wall.
- Lounge with comfy seating, a desk with computer which is connected to broadband, allowing you to keep in touch with the outside world and work if you need to (Wifi is also available throughout Stable Cottage and also outside in the walled garden). A real flame fire (Gas) set in a stone fireplace provides a cosy environment at the flick of a switch and a large Plasma television (with Sky), surround sound stereo and DVD player are provided for guest entertainment. Fabulous views can be enjoyed from the patio doors looking out over the secluded sunny walled garden with hot tub for relaxing, outside shower (for the brave!) and garden furniture for alfresco dining.
- The impressive hot tub, sitting beneath an attractive canopy, is continuously heated to thirty eight degrees (day and night!), so indulge in a hot bubble whenever you desire.
- Mature established garden thoughtfully designed with a Mediterranean feel to enhance the indulgent holiday experience. Gas barbecue, garden furniture and designer outside lighting provide the ideal relaxing environment for alfresco dining.
- Small 'children's Den Room' at the bottom of the garden with sofa, television, DVD player, footie table and various games including a PS2 Playstation. Table tennis outside will keep the more energetic and competitive guests entertained.
Additional information: Home cooked breakfast is available for those who want to truly relax and served in your cottage at an agreed time - There is a small charge applicable, please ask for details. The cottage is fully cleaned once a week with a welcome pack provided every week and an additional refresh clean is also provided during the middle of the week. Children over five years of age are welcome.
Low Season from £945
Mid Season from £1095
High Season from £1695
Peak Season £3145
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Owner: Nick & Barbara Davies, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stable Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Early bird summer / autumn 2017 discounts NOW available, just ask :-) SPECIAL OFFERS: See our new website for details or ring Nick for details and special offers 01263 822478
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 29th April 2017