Primrose Cottage - Sandwich, Kent, England - Sleeps 4
Primrose Cottage offers delightful self-catering in the very heart of the historic medieval town of Sandwich in East Kent. It is perfect for couples seeking a quiet break or a family holiday and dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
Dating back to the early 1600's, Primrose Cottage still maintains lots of original character whilst benefiting from modern facilities to make your holiday comfortable and enjoyable. It can accommodate up to four guests (children over eleven or babies in arms welcome) in two bedrooms and provides the perfect base from which to explore the Kent coastline and area or enjoy a relaxing holiday within easy reach of the sea.
One of the five historic Cinque Ports in Kent and nearby Sussex, Sandwich is arguably one of the best preserved medieval towns in the country. The town has an immense amount of charm with its old town walls, narrow cobbled streets, period half-timbered houses, river, quayside, glorious gardens and an interesting selection of restaurants, pubs and shops.
Take a boat trip on the river from the quayside where you can venture upstream to Richborough Roman Fort or in the opposite direction to Sandwich Bay for some sea spotting. Alternatively, take the walk around the Old Town Walls or walk/cycle along the riverside path and soak up the surrounding scenery.
Sandwich Bay's an unspoilt haven and a lovely stretch of crowd-free beach where you can always find a peaceful spot for a picnic or few hours of relaxation (you may even spot seals!). Take the car (a few minutes) or enjoy the walk via the Royal St George's Golf Course which is a links course and venue for the British Open. If you are a nature lover then not only will seal spotting be of interest but you may wish to visit the Sandwich Bay Bird Observatory and Nature Reserve.
Ideally positioned for exploring Kent's interesting and beautiful coastline (including Deal, Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs), Sandwich is within easy reach of many attractions both locally and within the wider area. Within just a few miles you have the white cliffs and castle of Dover where you can take a day trip to France; the historic City of Canterbury with its beautiful cathedral, restaurants and great selection of shops and the North Downs AONB with great walks and cycle rides. London too is accessible by car or train.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Primrose Cottage Continued
Primrose Cottage is a grade II listed cottage dating back to the early 17th Century. It provides accommodation that is arranged over three floors with a compact, snug and quirky feel:
- Living room with inglenook fireplace still retaining the oak bressumer and housing a working wood-burning stove - perfect for those more chilly nights. The walls feature stripped pine panels and there is a Laura Ashley sofa, two leather wing-back armchairs, television and DVD player. An old glazed pine door leads onto...
- Kitchen, furnished with shaker-style units, pine table and chairs, electric hob, electric oven, microwave and other appliances.
- Outside is a small private courtyard, equipped with a wrought-iron table and four chairs. A great place to sit out in the sun!
- Out-house with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Stairs from the kitchen go up to the first floor with its seaside-style bathroom and main bedroom.
- The bathroom has limited headroom and contains a WC, bath and built-in hand-held shower attachment.
- The main bedroom is cosy, with cast-iron style double bed and period features including beams, glazed pine linen cupboard, mahogany chest-of-drawers and decorative brick fireplace.
- Up a second flight of stairs is the second bedroom. It is a charming little attic room with oak beams, sloping ceilings and two cast-iron style single beds. Please note that the very steep stairs make this room unsuitable for guests with any infirmity or young children.
Additional information: Children over eleven or babies in arms welcome. Wi-Fi included in the price. All of the town's amenities are right on Primrose Cottage's doorstep. Dogs are welcome at an additional charge of £20 per week. Included in the price are electricity, gas, water, bed linen, towels, a basket of logs for the wood burner, fresh flowers and a welcome pack. Free parking in the garage (three minute walk away).
Low Season from £310
Mid Season from £370
High Season from £460
Peak Season £520
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Howard Norton, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Primrose Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2010
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th July 2017
Approximate Location of Primrose Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book