The Chapel - Manston, Nr Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Margate, Kent, England - Sleeps 6+4Group bookings available: This property is one of 3 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 18 guests
The Chapel sleeps two to ten guests and is a beautiful, spacious, part 13th and 18th century grade II listed building of historical importance. Formerly a hall house, today it provides three bedroom holiday accommodation of a high standard which has been awarded a 4 Star Gold rating by Visit Britain. When rented with two other cottages at the same location, parties of up to eighteen geusts can be accommodated.
Situated on the edge of Manston Village, The Chapel is in the heart of the Isle of Thanet on the Kent coastline and conveniently located just four miles from Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Margate.
This popular part of the Kent coast is much loved for its beautiful sandy beaches (some of which have Blue Flag status) and pretty villages. The area has lots of attractions with something to suit all ages including historic castles at Deal, Dover and Walmer; nature reserves at Ramsgate and Sandwich; museums; Howletts Zoo outside Canterbury and good old traditional seaside fun at Broadstairs and Margate, along with a vibrant art scene with the new Turner Gallery.
The local area offers plenty of golf courses both in Manston and Broadstairs, along with the Royal St Georges in Sandwich (just twenty minutes away), well known for hosting the Open Championships. The area also has much to offer cyclists with the Viking Trail easily accessible and walkers with its coastal paths.
The towns of Folkestone and Dover are just a thirty to forty five minute drive, where you can take a ferry or high speed train to France for a day trip. The historic City of Canterbury is also within easy reach and has much to offer with its shops, restaurants and cathedral. For those wanting to stay locally, Westwood Cross Shopping Centre is just two miles away and provides a large choice of shops, restaurants and a multi screen cinema.
Whether you are looking for a romantic, cultural, energetic or relaxing holiday, this delightful part of Kent is sure to please.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
The Chapel Continued
Formerly a hall house, where locals would have carried out business, today The Chapel sleeps two to ten guests and has been given a Gold 4 Star rating by Visit Britain.
Accommodation is laid out over three floors and comprises:
- Spacious downstairs sitting room with full size pool table, large television (with Freeview), baby grand piano and several comfy sofas'. For the younger ones (or adults!) a Wii and xbox 360 have also been provided.
- Lovely staircase made out of reclaimed walnut leading up to the first floor which is open plan with modern, fully fitted walnut kitchen/dining area. The dining table seats twelve guests and there is an adjoining breakfast bar that has three tall stools that can seat extra guests (a high chair is also available). The layout of the kitchen, dining suite and breakfast bar makes this area very family friendly and sociable. There is a dishwasher, microwave, fridge and additional fridge/freezer.
- Utility room conveniently placed next to the kitchen with washing machine and tumble dryer, additional fridge and freezer and an additional toilet.
- First floor bedroom with high ceiling, chandelier and king-size four poster bed. Full size patio windows overlook the garden and private front courtyard. Enormous doors lead into the en-suite.
- Second floor with two further double bedrooms, each with lovely views and their own unique character with beams, flint walls and high ceilings adding to the charm. Both bedrooms have very comfortable six foot zip and link beds that are made up as one large bed, or can be converted by request into two singles. Each bedroom affords an en-suite and has a Freeview television (twenty two inch) and DVD player.
Outside: There is a private garden at the back of the property which is perfect for relaxing or alfresco dining. An alcove, surrounded by a wall provides a sheltered private place for the dining area where you can enjoy a relaxing meal or BBQ in this peaceful place which gets the afternoon sunshine. For the children, there is a play area with a hard surface and basket ball net to entertain them close to the front of the cottage.
Additional information: Prices include electricity, heating, hot water, towels (please bring your own beach towels) and linen. Short breaks may be available - please enquire with the owner. Manston Court is part of a cluster of buildings noted in the Doomsday Book and is located in a quiet semi rural location just outside Manston village. The cottages are family friendly and a high chair and travel cot can be provided upon request. Additional portable beds are available (a four foot divan bed and two three foot single portable beds) and can be placed in any of the bedrooms.
Group Bookings: Parties of up to eighteen guests can be accommodated when all three cottages are rented together. There are dining facilities for eight guests around a table in The Chapel (plus an extra three sitting at the breakfast bar in the same room). Eighteen guests could sit and dine together in the living room area of The Chapel (downstairs) or The Chapel garden with the use of portable tables and chairs that the owner can provide. Please enquire with the owner for Group Booking prices.
Low Season from £650
Mid Season from £720
High Season from £780
Peak Season £880
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6+4 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King fourposter, 2 Super-king/Twins with zip & link beds + 3 portable beds)
Group booking details:
Please note: The Chapel sleeps 6+4 people. The owner has 3 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 18 guests. Dining capacity: 18 (Guests can be seated together for meals).
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Suzanne Box, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Chapel joined Independent Cottages in March 2012
Owner's Other Properties
Short breaks. Winter 2 nights up to 6 guests £500 £550 3 nights. Spring / Autumn £550 for 2 nights, £600 3 nights. Additional fee of £20 per additional guest, up to a total of 10 guests.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd June 2017