Stone's Throw - Bude, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 8
A seaside family home from home just a three minute walk away from Crooklets Beach, Bude and the glorious North Cornwall coastline.
Welcome to our 'living the dream' home. We moved to Bude ten years ago to enjoy a slower pace of life and spend more quality time outdoors with our children. We all still love living here and are sure you will enjoy 'borrowing' our seaside home which is perfect for a fun filled holiday with plenty of space to bring friends or family. Everything is an easy walk away - beaches, shops, cafes and pubs. In fact you really won't need to use a car unless of course you want to see more of Cornwall or Devon.
Bude was voted Best UK Coastal Resort - Gold Award in the British Travel Awards 2015 and according to BBC Weather, Bude was officially the sunniest place in the UK during the summmer of 2013 - it is easy to see why when you visit! Where the country meets the coast, this unspoilt small seaside resort offers a variety of attractions, adventure parks and activities to enjoy whether you are seeking a relaxing short break or a longer family holiday. There are plenty of wonderful walks along the river, canal or coastal path (just three minutes from the cliffs and South West Coastal Path), along with excellent golf, fishing, cycling, bird watching and horse riding. For the small ones Bude Sea pool provides safe swimming with lifeguards.
Other nearby attractions include Clovelly, Lundy Island, Eden Project, Tintagel, Boscastle and Bodmin Moor all within a forty five minute drive away.
Offering some of the UK's best surfing beaches, a beautiful heritage coastline to explore, plenty of independent shops for provisions, friendly pubs and festivals/events throughout the year, Bude offers all the right ingredients for a wonderful break or holiday by the sea.
- Contemporary family holiday home just a three minute walk to wonderful expansive sandy beaches!
- Sunny garden including decking area with outdoor furniture, barbecue and chiminea - perfect for alfresco dining during the warmer months.
- Wood burner in the sitting room for cosy winter breaks.
- Four bedrooms including a family room on the ground floor plus bathroom for easy accessibility.
- Garden storage available for bikes, surf/body boards, beach toys and chairs.
- Two minute walk to restaurants overlooking the sea and pubs. Five minute walk to the town.
- Watch the sunset over the sea as the surfers make the most of the last waves of the day.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Stone's Throw Continued
- Large modern open plan kitchen / dining area with range cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave and dining table to seat eight.
- Sitting room with wood burner, leather sofas including a double sofa bed for extra guests, wide screen television and DVD player.
- Family bedroom - one double plus one single bed, stripped wooden floor, large bay window.
- Shower room - ideal for coming straight in from the beach/surf or for people with limited mobility who cannot manage stairs.
- Utility room with washing machine, iron, ironing board, drying space and wash basin, doors to back garden.
- Bedroom 1 with king- size bed, stripped wooden floor, large bay window.
- Bedroom two overlooking the back garden with fitted wardrobes and double bed.
- Bedroom three with single bed overlooking the back garden.
- Modern bathroom with white suite and over bath shower.
Outside: French doors lead from the dining area out to the decking area and garden with a south facing aspect - a lovely suntrap and place to relax. A 'surf shack' provides storage for boards, bikes and beach gear and there is a front garden. Parking freely available outside the cottage (no restrictions and no permit required).
Additional information: Prices include linen, towels (not beach towels - please bring your own) and electricity. Wi-Fi for guests use.
Low Season from £800
Mid Season from £1000
High Season from £1300
Peak Season £1600
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Single, 1 Family Room with 1 Double + 1 Single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sharon Marshall, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stone's Throw joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2012
Thank you to all our lovely Summer guests for looking after our home so beautifully. We look forward to welcoming you back next year and also meeting new holidaymakers.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th September 2017
Approximate Location of Stone's Throw
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book