Tresquare - Boscastle, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 8
Tresquare sleeps up to eight guests (plus cot) and is a spacious detached holiday home affording an enviable position just one hundred yards from the pretty coastal village of Boscastle on Cornwall's beautiful North coast. Sitting amongst its own large private grounds, Tresquare provides a peaceful retreat at any time of the year where you can enjoy wonderful walks from the front doorstep to the beautiful historic harbour, along the stunning coastal path and through the beautiful Valency Valley on the doorstep. There are lovely views over the surrounding countryside where you can often see deer and an abundance of wildlife from indoors. Ideal for large groups of family or friends, yet equally ideal for couples, Tresquare has a large garden, with plenty of space for the little ones to play, and a sunny patio with garden furniture—ideal to relax with a good book, or a glass of wine!
Boscastle has been used as a filmset on many occasions which is hardly surprising given its dramatic rugged coastline which is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with much of it managed by the National Trust. A popular holiday destination with immense traditional Cornish charm, the village has pubs and restaurants to enjoy a meal (or cream tea!), antique shops, a craft centre, gift shops to browse and an intriguing Witch's Museum.
Conveniently located, Boscastle is just an hour by car from Exeter (M5) and sits on the South West Coastal Path, allowing easy access to explore the pretty surrounding villages (including mystic Tintagel wrapped in legend with its castle ruins). There are superb beaches close by where you can enjoy lazy days on the golden sands or take tuition to learn to kayak or surf. Alternatively, head to Bodmin Moor for a days hiking (and see the famous moorland ponies), explore the Camel Trail by bike (or foot) or enjoy the other many outdoor activities available including golf, pony trekking, sailing and climbing.
Whether you simply want a relaxing holiday by the sea or are looking for a base for exploring the many attractions of Cornwall, Dartmoor and also North Devon, Tresquare is a welcoming retreat. Attractions are plentiful including the world famous Eden Project; Lanhydrock House and gardens; Padstow with its fine restaurants; St Ives with its strong art connections including the Tate St Ives Gallery and many beautiful Cornish gardens to discover.
Whatever the time of year, Boscastle is an ideal place for a holiday. During the spring (which comes early to Cornwall), enjoy the snowdrops, spring lambs, primroses, wild garlic (a wonderful smell!) and bluebells in the woodlands; and in the summer, enjoy picnics and relaxing days on the beach. The winter also has much to offer with wonderful invigorating walks whilst watching the Atlantic rollers come crashing in, followed by supper in one of the local pubs next to the fire.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Light and airy double bedroom with countryside views and an en-suite shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Large kitchen with dining area fitted with plenty of units, microwave, double built-in oven, electric hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and a good range of utensils and equipment. There is a table and seating for eight guests in the dining area where you can enjoy supper and discuss the days adventures.
- Utility room which is fitted with a washing machine/tumble drier for those who need to freshen up clothes whilst away.
- Spacious lounge with comfy sofa seating three, armchairs, digital Freeview flat screen television, DVD/CD player, along with a Cornish stone open fireplace for enjoying a roaring fire on those more chilly nights.
- French doors take you out to a sun lounge where you can sit and admire the stunning views, providing access onto the large patio area which affords a south facing aspect with garden furniture for relaxing and alfresco dining in a beautiful setting.
- Stairs lead up from the hallway to....
- Bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath.
- Double bedroom with vanity wash basin and a cot for little ones.
- Family bedroom which can sleep four with one double and two single beds.
Outside: Large private lawned garden within a quiet rural setting. Ample off-street parking for four cars.
Additional information: Short breaks may be available between October to the end of May from £150 for two to three nights - please enquire with the cottage owner. Tresquare is fully centrally heated. Most rooms afford beautiful countryside views where you may see deer and wildlife. Pets will be considered on request. All rooms are non smoking. No large single sex groups.
Low Season from £340
Mid Season from £499
High Season from £750
Peak Season £1325
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Family rm with double bed and 2 singles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Jennifer Congdon, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tresquare joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2010
Owner's Other Properties
Superb house,last available from October 28 17 Phone 01840 250233 A lovely holiday cottage the best we have stayed in. A G April 17
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th July 2017
Approximate Location of Tresquare
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Tresquare
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book