Phoenix Cottage - Praze-an-Beeble, Nr St Ives, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 4+1
Phoenix Cottage is a charming detached stone house set in five acres of secure fenced grounds a short walk from the centre of Praze-an-Beeble. Surprisingly spacious for a property this old, it retains many original features like stone fireplaces and exposed beams, and is ideal for couples, families and dog owners who want to enjoy Cornwall’s famous beaches and the wonderful countryside.
The cottage is a comfortable, five-minute walk from a favourite pub, the St Aubyn Arms, where they serve local beer and traditional pub food, and the bar and beer garden are dog-friendly. The pub is across the road from an excellent fish and chip shop if you don’t feel like cooking after a busy day’s sightseeing. There is a village shop, Philips pasty bakery and supermarkets who deliver to the cottage so you can order your shopping online for delivery the day you arrive.
Praze-an-Beeble is centrally located, making it easy to get to great beaches like St Ives and Porthleven, which are both around a 15-minute drive from Phoenix Cottage. Also within easy reach are Praa Sands, Gwithian and Hayle, and with Penzance and Falmouth being half an hour away, you can explore the best of West Cornwall without spending hours in the car.
There is always something wonderful to do in Cornwall, whatever season you stay in Phoenix Cottage. The beaches and coastal footpath are as stunning on a sunny day as they are with a storm brewing over the ocean, and you will definitely want to make time to discover the magical delights of the Lizard Heritage Coast. St Ives is a great place to browse the galleries and museums, with a wealth of cosy cafes and friendly pubs where you can refuel, and it doesn’t matter what the weather does if you’re underground at the historic Geevor and Poldark Tin Mine! The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan and Trebah are breathtaking; and book tickets to a performance at the open-air Minnack Theatre at Porthcurno for an unforgettable holiday treat.
West Cornwall is dotted with pretty villages and towns like Mousehole, Bodmin, St Agnes, and Godolphin. It doesn’t matter if you get your holiday thrills riding the crest of a wave or enjoying the taste of genuine Cornish clotted cream on your scone (jam first, then cream for a proper Cornish cream tea!) at Phoenix Cottage you will start and end every day with a smile.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Phoenix Cottage Continued
This welcoming dog-friendly stone cottage has a traditional layout with the living area and kitchen on the ground floor and the bedrooms on the first floor.
- It's a real pleasure to relax in the evening in the cosy living and dining room with its inglenook fireplace and log burning stove. Linger over dessert at the scrubbed pine table, or move closer to the flat screen TV with DVD player and watch a film on the comfortable leather Chesterfield sofa (which turns into a sofa bed for a fifth guest).
- The sunny kitchen is a great mix of traditional country and contemporary charm with modern touches like an electric range cooker that is very easy to cook on, and a dishwasher. The fitted units and butler's sink make the most of the space, and there is another table to provide extra cooking space or to sit for breakfast. The owners have equipped the kitchen with a good selection of utensils, crockery and cutlery, and thoughtfully provided some basic non-perishable ingredients. Large French windows open onto the gravelled courtyard.
- A lovely antique double bed is the focal point of the master bedroom. The room has a high sloping ceiling with exposed beams and a deep window seat from which to admire the garden views. There are bedside tables and reading lights, two wardrobes and a wall-mounted television with DVD player.
- The twin bedroom has two single beds which can be zipped together to form a 5ft king size bed. A wardrobe and chest of drawers provide ample storage.
- A modern family shower room with a large shower, handbasin and WC is also on the first floor.
Outside: Phoenix Cottage sits in 5 acres of private grounds. The gardens are secure and the field is stock fenced so you can let your dogs (and kids) play safely. There is a choice of outdoor seating to accommodate both alfresco meals and snoozing with a good book in the sunshine. A separate building houses the washer/dryer and provides secure storage for bikes, surfboards and fishing equipment. There is also a games room with a pool table and table football. A summer house holds further garden furniture and garden games.
Additional Information: There is WiFi and central heating throughout the property. Up to four well-behaved dogs are welcome (dependant on the size of the breed) at no additional cost. All utilities, linen and towels are included in the price. Short breaks may be possible between November and March depending on availability. No smoking.
Low Season from £385
Mid Season from £445
High Season from £750
Peak Season £915
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Sunday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+1 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin/King + Sofabed)
Owner: Kevin and Karen Stevens, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Phoenix Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Short breaks available from November - minimum 3 nights - £55 per night - dogs stay free .
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017
Approximate Location of Phoenix Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book