Bramble Cottage - St Ives, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 6+1
Bramble Cottage is a very comfortable detached holiday home in a spectacular location just 1.5 miles from St Ives in West Cornwall. With no near neighbours and a large fenced garden, the cottage easily sleeps up to seven guests in three bedrooms and is favourite with families and groups of friends who also want to bring their dogs (free of charge!) to enjoy the beautiful Cornish beaches and countryside.
St Ives is a 30-40 minute walk from the cottage, or a five-minute drive. It has a big reputation for such as small town and, although it can get busy in summer, never loses its relaxed charm. There’s no nicer way to spend a sunny day - and there are a lot of them in St Ives - sitting at a table outside the Beach Bar Cafe or the dog friendly Lifeboat Inn with a drink and a meal.
In addition to fantastic beaches like Harbour Beach, Porthmeor, Porthgwidden, and Porthminster, St Ives is renowned for its thriving art scene. The town has long been a favourite with artists for its inspiring beauty and the quality of the light, and you may find yourself picking up a piece of art as a souvenir. In addition to browsing local galleries, you may want to visit the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden, Leach Pottery, and the Tate Gallery.
St Ives’ harbour has made it a thriving fishing town for centuries. You can learn about its history in the St Ives Museum, or see it for yourself in the Sloop Inn, which has been the site of a pub since 1312, and the warren of narrow cobbled streets, locally called the Downalong, that lies behind it. The sandy beach is good for swimming, surfing and poking about in the rockpools at low tide. Although dogs are not allowed on the main St Ives beaches in summer they are allowed on the smaller Bamaluz beach and Lambeth walk beach just to the right of the harbour. Other nearby beaches a short drive away which allow dogs at anytime of year are the fabulous Porth Kidney Sands , Mexico and upper Towans and lots of other dog friendly beaches around West Cornwall.
Bramble Cottage is perfectly placed for accessing both the Penwith Heritage Coast and the Godrevy Portreath Heritage Coast. A great activity is to take a boat trip to Seal Island where a colony of around forty seals have made their home, or for hikers you can walk from the cottage and observe the island from the coastal path. You can easily drive to excellent beaches like Porthkidney Sands, Porthmeor Beach and Carbis Bay. There are excellent footpaths just metres from the cottage and the owners have thoughtfully provided information and maps.
St Ives enjoys some of the best weather in Britain making it a great location year-round. Whether you come on your own, or bring the kids, your friends and your dogs, Bramble Cottage will provide a very comfortable home-from-home to stay while you are here.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Bramble Cottage Continued
The owners of Bramble Cottage have taken every care to ensure your stay is a comfortable one.
- The cosy sitting room has leather Chesterfield sofas facing the log burning stove and flat screen television. There is a good selection of books, local information and games for guests to enjoy during their stay.
- A sunny conservatory with day bed and relaxed seating overlooks the garden and patio at the side of the house.
- The fitted country kitchen is very well equipped with everything you could want in a self-catering property, including a dishwasher. There is a large scrubbed pine table which can seat eight guests where everyone can gather for meals.
- A downstairs bedroom with ensuite is ideal for those who have mobility issues or prefer not to use stairs. It is beautifully decorated in white and pale blue and furnished with a double bed, television and DVD player. The ensuite bathroom has a large walk in shower, hand basin and WC.
Two further bedrooms and a family bathroom are upstairs.
- The master bedroom has an antique double bed, ample storage, and a deep window seat for admiring the garden and countryside around the cottage.
- A twin bedroom has 3ft single beds that can be zipped together to create a 6ft kingsize bed, and the room has its own television with DVD player.
- As with the bedrooms, the spacious family bathroom enjoys fantastic countryside views which you can enjoy from the deep slipper bath that is large enough for two. There is also a generous walk in shower, handbasin and WC.
Outside: The fenced garden is secure for children and dogs to play happily. A paved area leads from the conservatory and there is garden furniture for relaxing and enjoying distant sea views. A driveway provides off-street parking for up to four cars. There is a utility room with space for storing bikes, surfboards and fishing equipment, as well as housing table tennis, table football, washer/dryer and logs for the wood burner. A small playhouse is sure to be a hit with the little ones.
Additional information: Free WiFi is available throughout the property. All utilities, linen and towels are included in the price. Well behaved dogs (up to four depending on breed) are welcome by prior arrangement with the owner. Short breaks are possible out of season depending on availability. No smoking. High chairs and stair gates available.
Low Season from £465
Mid Season from £795
High Season from £1145
Peak Season £1360
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6+1 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin/Super-king + sofa bed/z-bed/cot)
Owner: Kevin and Karen Stevens, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bramble Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Short breaks available from November - Minimum 3 nights - £66 per night - dogs stay free .
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017
Approximate Location of Bramble Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book