7 Atlantic Close - Widemouth Bay, Bude, North Cornwall, England - Sleeps 4
Number 7, Atlantic Close is ideally located at Widemouth Bay in Cornwall and is a semi-detached holiday home sleeping four guests in two double bedrooms. Carpeted throughout (with the exception of the kitchen and porch), this comfortable seaside retreat is three miles south of the town of Bude and just a couple of minutes walk from the big sandy Atlantic beach from which the village gets its name.
Guests can enjoy the sun in the private rear garden or on the balcony with views of the sea and countryside, or alternatively, stroll to the beach for a lazy day on the golden sand. Divided into two, both parts of the beach have life guards during the day in the spring and summer, along with car park and cafe selling hot and cold snacks, drinks and ice creams. Surfing is well catered for and equipment can be hired from the beach car parks, along with tuition for beginners, for a fee from the surf schools.
For those who want relax and leave the car on the drive, Widemouth Bay has three hotels, the Bay View Inn (ten minute walk), The Beach House Hotel (under a ten minute walk) and Widemouth Manor (apx twenty five minute walk), all with bars and restaurants open to the public. At the Beach House Hotel there is a small shop where you can purchase papers and most items of food, along with a separate shop selling local wet fish and take away fish and chips.
For the energetic the Cornish Coastal path also runs through the beach car park and it is possible to walk over the Downs, without crossing a lane to Bude (three miles) with its two popular beaches, Crooklets and Summerleaze (both with life guards and there is a salt water swimming pool between the two beaches). The initial part of this walk is up hill but when you reach the headland you can look back over the magnificent beach, the village of Widemouth Bay and beyond. In front of you the Island of Lundy is visible and beckoning.
Bude has numerous shops, including three supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, bars, a golf club, putting green, bowling green, tennis courts, crazy golf, canoeing/rowing boats on the canal, ten pin bowling and an indoor leisure pool adjacent to Morrison’s supermarket.
Heading south, the coastal path also has majestic views, with the section between Widemouth Bay and Crackington Haven being a test for all but the seasoned walkers. However, the views are well worth the effort! The path continues on to Boscastle and you may spot the colony of seals from the cliffs at Beeny. There is a bus stop on the coast road close to the bungalow and timetables for the various services are available at the information centre in Bude for those who prefer to catch the bus back.
A little further afield are many small seaside villages including picturesque Boscastle, Clovelly, Port Issac and Port Gaverne - all well worth visiting and having much appeal in their own right. Port Issac has become well known because of the TV series Doc Martin. If you watched the series you will recognize the Plat, the Harbour and the Doc’s house.
Bodmin Moor with Jamaica Inn are within an hour’s drive and a little further are the outdoor playgrounds of both Exmoor and Dartmoor. Truro is also about a one hour drive away with the Roseland Peninsular being a little further but still within driving distance.
Widemouth Bay is on the Cornish North Coast but a drive of less than twenty minutes takes you into the rolling countryside of Devon with its thatched cottages and pretty villages, well worth a visit.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
7 Atlantic Close Continued
- Large sitting/dining room with table and chairs, three seater sofa, two chairs, wall mounted forty two inch television (with Freesat box), DVD recorded and Radio/CD player. The sea is visible when sitting at the table or on the sofa but a better view is available from the balcony which is accessed through the patio doors. A night storage heather is also installed to provide warmth on chilly nights.
- Balcony with table and four chairs - perfect for al fresco dining on a warm summer evening by candle light or electric light if it is dark, whilst looking over the sea and listening to the waves.
- Kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, steam iron, electric oven/hob and all the cutlery, crockery and glasses you should need housed in a good range of cupboards.
- Bathroom with a large shower cubical and power shower, along with a vanity unit; WC, wash basin, shaver point and wall mounted fan heater.
- Two double bedrooms with wardrobes, bedside tables/cupboards, table lamps and night storage heaters. The larger bedroom also has a chest of drawers for additional storage with the ironing board being stored by the side of the wardrobe.
- Porch with cupboard and tiled floor.
- Hall which provides access to all rooms with dehumidifier and electric storage heater - a good place for storing boots and coats with shoe rack and hooks.
Outside: There is a cabin containing garden furniture, wind breaks for the beach and a bucket of games including swing ball, badminton rackets and a net.
Additional information: The price includes linen, towels (but not beach towels so please bring your own), heating, electricity and full use of all the appliances.
Mid Season from £600
High Season from £650
Peak Season £750
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Doubles)
Owner: Colin and Heather Armstrong, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
7 Atlantic Close joined Independent Cottages in June 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 26th August 2017