The Old Farmhouse - Hawkshead, Ambleside, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 8
The Old Farmhouse sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms and has recently been sympathetically extended to provide spacious self-catering accommodation. If you are looking for an idyllic cosy cottage in a peaceful setting within the Lake District, with wonderful walks on the doorstep and plenty of attractions and pubs within easy reach then look no further!
With log burner and lovely garden, The Old Farmhouse is an ideal retreat at any time of the year. Dating back to the 16th Century, the cottage is set up a private drive which leads to a narrow farm track and is within walking distance of the pretty bustling Lakeland village of Hawkshead with lovely shops to browse and a good choice of places to eat.
Centrally located in the heart of the Lakes, The Old Farmhouse is a short drive from the areas many attractions including Coniston Water, Bowness-on-Windermere, Ambleside, Grasmere and Grizedale Forest (great for walkers and mountain bikers).
There are a host of outdoor activities to enjoy locally with something to suit all energy levels from a gentle row across the lake or a stroll around the shoreline; to more energetic fell walking, rock climbing, mountain biking and sailing. Alternatively spend your time exploring the national park and visiting the many pretty villages with their independent shops, museums, traditional inns and galleries.
Whether you want to simply relax amongst stunning scenery, fancy exploring the Lake Districts many attractions or are looking for an active holiday, The Old Farmhouse is an ideal retreat for friends and families at any time of the year.
Flexible start day offered and short breaks (three night minimum) out of peak season or at short notice.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Old Farmhouse Continued
- Porch with canopy leading into...
- Dining room with oak panelling, beamed ceilings and antique oak dining table with seating for eight guests. There is a log effect gas fire providing a cosy environment at the flick of a switch, set in a marble fireplace. This room leads into...
- Snug which is ideal for use as a study or reading room - a nice place for a quiet moment!
- Lounge with wonderful floor to ceiling window letting the outside flood in. Seating for eight, beamed vaulted ceiling, oak floor and a log burning stove make this a cosy environment for everyone to relax at the end of the day with flat screen television (with Sky Freeview) and DVD player.
- Well equipped kitchen with granite work tops, oak units, dishwasher, freezer, split level hob (gas), electric fan oven with combination microwave, dishwasher, fridge and additional microwave.
- Shower/utility room with washing machine, Belfast sink, washbowl, WC and shower, off lobby leading from lounge. Plenty of room for drying wet clothing.
- Rear heated porch where boots can be stored.
- Elegant and restful en-suite master bedroom with period furniture (including plenty of storage space) that is beautifully complimented by natural tones, drapes and good quality bed linen. The en-suite has a shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Double bedroom with large oak wardrobe, dressing table with mirror and chairs.
- Charming cheerful twin bedroom which provides flexible sleeping either as two single beds or zipped together to become a king.
- Family bathroom with fixed shower over the bath (including a glass shower panel), WC and wash basin.
- Fourth bedroom is a king/twin with Velux window. This room is accessed via a second staircase off the rear lobby.
Outside: The sloping grassed garden is located on the other side of a small farm track where you will find garden furniture, BBQ, mature shrubs and trees - a peaceful place for alfresco dining or relaxing in the warmer weather.
Additional information: Electricity, bed linen, towels, cleaning, hot water and central heating are included within the price. This is a non smoking property.
Low Season from £725
Mid Season from £1150
High Season from £1295
Peak Season £1525
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 2 Twin/Kings)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Brenda Mackey, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Old Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Private parking; 3 bath/shower rms; Lounge with log burner, 40inch Smart TV; Large dining rm for 8; Snug with 26inch TV, bureau for laptop; Beautiful garden, seating, charcoal barbecue.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th September 2017