No 7 Harney Peak - Portinscale, Nr Keswick, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 2
Harney Peak sleeps two guests and is a traditional Lakeland building that has now been converted into apartments. It is perfectly placed for exploring this picturesque area of the Lake District National Park at any time of the year, whether you want to do it by foot, bike, car or even boat.
Portinscale is a peaceful small village nestling on the edge of Derwent Water, encapsulated by the simply stunning scenery of the northern part of the Lake District including Borrowdale Valley and the country's fourth tallest mountain, Skiddaw. Whatever the time of year, every season offers magnificent views of the valleys, fells, lakes and forests.
From the front door of the holiday home there are a number of walks, with something to suit all energy levels and ages. Here you can relax whilst enjoying the wonderful views from the water's edge (a short stroll away) or hire a kayak, canoe or rowing boat from one of the villages marinas. Alternatively, sit back and take a leisurely boat cruise across the lake from one of the jetties along the shoreline.
The village has two hotels with restaurants and a pub for eating out which are less than a five minute stroll from Harney Peak, and also a local store for stocking up on provisions and a team room both directly opposite the property.
The popular town of Keswick under fifteen minutes away by foot - a pretty walk taking you to the market town with a good range of shops, pubs, restaurants and attractions including the award winning Theatre by the Lake and the cinema. The bustling Saturday market provides a great place to shop for local produce, arts and crafts and there are a number of festivals throughout the year.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
No 7 Harney Peak Continued
Accommodation and facilities:
- The ground floor accommodation is at the back of the property and has been awarded 4 Star Gold.
- The apartment has its own entrance which takes you into an inner hallway where there is space for storing walking boots and coats.
- Central heating throughout with radiators having their own thermostats.
- Spacious open plan lounge/dining room with comfy seating, television, Freeview Digital, DVD / CD player. Guest's also have the use of free Wi-Fi internet access.
- Modern fully fitted kitchen well equipped with dishwasher, Gas hob, oven (which is fan-assisted), washer/dryer, microwave, fridge and a good range of utensils, crockery etc.
- Spacious double bedroom, beautifully presented with ample space for storing clothes. The bed will be made up ready for your arrival and a choice of duvets are available to compliment the seasons. An en-suite offers a bath with shower over, hand basin and WC.
- An iron, airer and ironing board are provided, along with cleaning products for use during your stay.
- There is off-road parking immediately at the front of the apartment.
- Outside there is a secure bike store, along with a drying room for wet clothing, which is conveniently located next to the apartment.
- Garden furniture is available for guest's use on the patio outside the apartment.
Additional information: Towels are available to hire (£5 per set if required). Short breaks are offered between November to March and at short notice at other times of the year if available. A welcome pack is provided upon arrival.
Low Season from £320
Mid Season from £360
High Season from £400
Peak Season £450
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Jenifer & Kevin Yates, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
No 7 Harney Peak joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2010
Small well-behaved dogs welcome by arrangement with owners. (£20 fee chargeable)
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st August 2017