Langdale View - Chapel Stile, Nr Grasmere, Elterwater & Ambleside, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 2-6
Langdale View is located in an enviable position amongst some of the Lakeland’s most incredible scenery. It is surrounded by pure natural beauty yet conveniently located just four and a half miles from Ambleside, five and a half miles from Coniston and two and a half miles from Grasmere.
There are plenty of wonderful walks from the front door. Grasmere is the nearest and it is also easy to walk to Elterwater, Ambleside, Rydal and Skelwith Bridge for a great day out without the car. The Cumbrian Way runs along the village edge and for those feeling energetic, you can climb the famous Langdale Pikes.
By car, avoid the traffic and take the scenic back road to Hawkshead, Coniston and the ferry to Windermere or for real wilderness, the Wrynose and Hardknott passes are nearby leading over the mountains to the little Eskdale railway and sea.
At the entry to the Langdale valley, on the fringes of Chapel Stile, Langdale View faces due south and affords fine views from every window. It is an ideal base for touring, walking or climbing and you can stroll just two hundred and fifty yards to the quaint little village with its local shop, cafe, country club, traditional Lakeland inn and church which holds the famous Langdale Tapestry.
There are at least three more excellent pubs within walking distance and just a stones throw from the cottage is the river, woods and a tarn to paddle or enjoy a picnic on a warm days.
For a day of swimming or pampering, get a leisure pass for the luxury spa at the Langdale Country Club (which also has an excellent restaurant at the other end of the village.
Langdale View is a perfect place to enjoy nature, recuperate and relax at any time of the year and is ideal for a romantic break or a friends/family holiday.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Langdale View Continued
Lower Ground Floor
- Spacious entrance lobby where you can leave coats, boots and walking gear.
- Bunk bed room (available if required at extra cost).
- Front porch where you can sit and take in the view or soak up the sun on the seat outside when it’s hot.
- Spacious lounge/diner with living flame electric fire, television with Sky, video player, comfy three piece suite, radio/cassette player and dining table and chairs.
- Well-proportioned and generously equipped kitchen with full size electric cooker, dishwasher, kettle, refrigerator, freezer, toaster, microwave, iron, quality cutlery, glasses and crockery.
- Spacious bathroom with electric shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with full size pine beds and comfy armchair to read or take in the views.
- Boudoir with charming double metal draped bed designed so you can sleep either end to enjoy those views.
Additional information: Please note that the feature open-tread spiral staircase is unsuitable for toddlers. Visitors during winter months can enjoy modern elti ceramic electric radiators and also a living flame electric fire in the lounge. Beds made up ready for weary travellers included in the price - towels available for hire at £2.50pp. Parking is on a private roadway at the back of the cottage and a security light and covered entrance enable you to unpack easily even if it's dark or wet when you arrive. Short breaks are often available. Wi-Fi is accessible via BT payable directly to them (or free if you have BT at home).
Low Season from £295
Mid Season from £395
High Season from £495
Peak Season £625
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin + Bunk bed room)
Owner: Proprietor, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Langdale View joined Independent Cottages in June 2010
Ideal for allergy sufferers - no dogs or smokers! A perfect hideaway for a romantic Valentine surprise. Also great for half term rambles. Lovely!! perfect place for a relaxing break away from it all!
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th July 2017
Approximate Location of Langdale View
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book