Clover Nook - Bowness on Windermere, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 10
Clover Nook is the perfect holiday retreat for large groups of up to ten guests, whether you want a venue for a celebration or holiday with friends and family. Ideally placed, it sits just a short five minute stroll from the very heart of the popular town of Bowness-on-Windermere with its Victorian charm and great range of amenities and attractions on the doorstep.
Sitting in a tranquil spot, Clover Nook affords an idyllic position where you can relax and unwind with the benefit of having all the amenities needed close to hand. Cleverly designed, this substantial property offers plenty of space and facilities for everyone with five bedrooms (four have en-suites), more living rooms than needed, ample bath/shower rooms, an incredibly social kitchen and dining area and plenty of outside living space for the warmer months.
Located half way along Lake Windermere (Britain's largest lake), Bowness attracts tourist from far and wide and offers lovely shops to browse, a great choice of restaurants and pubs, superb water sports, fantastic walks and some of the areas top attractions including The World of Beatrix Potter, Blackwell (one of the country's finest Arts and Crafts Houses) and lake cruises.
Catch a boat to Lakeside and visit the Aquarium with a multitude of different species, or hop on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway for a nostalgic trip with stunning scenery along the way. Alternatively, take a boat to Ambleside, another bustling Victorian town with great eateries, shops, pubs and the spectacular Stock Ghyll Force Waterfall.
Whilst almost joined, Bowness is within walking distance of Windermere town which has good rail (and bus) connections for those who prefer to use public transport to explore the area. Alternatively, explore the area by bike or foot and enjoy the many wonderful walks such as Orrest Head, one of Wainwright's favourites and a great source of inspiration for him.
Also within easy reach for day trips out are Coniston with its beautiful lake and challenging peaks (tackle The Old Man if you are up for the hike!); the pretty village of Grasmere (home of Wordsworth); Grizedale Forest with its tracks and trails for walkers and mountain bikers with sculptures along the way; the historic market town of Kendal; Ullswater and the Cumbrian coast with attractive resorts such as Grange-over-Sands and Cartmel (home to the famous and magnificent sticky toffee pudding!).
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Clover Nook Continued
All rooms have solid floors. Accommodation comprises:
- Spacious kitchen and dining room with the addition of the old kitchen, providing a large space cleverly presented in three distinct areas. The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of cupboards, large American style fridge/freezer, microwave, double eye level oven, steamer, gas hob, dishwasher and washer/dryer washing machine. This leads into the light and airy dining area with a long table and seating for up to twelve in carver chairs (there are patio doors taking you out to the terrace and the garden). Off the dining area is the old kitchen with its lovely pastel green Aga, additional table with chairs, and Welsh dresser.
- Small television room - a nice place to read the morning paper but still at the heart of the house.
- Large sitting room with wall mounted fifty eight inch television above the fireplace housing a log burner, and curved leather seating. Patio doors take you outside to the garden.
- Additional sitting room (the 'Green Lounge') which also has comfy seating set around a fireplace (decorative only) with television up above (all three sitting rooms have a plasma television with full Sky package).
- Stairs from the dining room lead down to the Lower Ground Floor which has a huge lounge area with two sofas and a free view fifty inch plasma television. This leads through a door to the king size double bedded bedroom with dressing room off leading to a bathroom with corner bath and shower over. Patio doors provide access outside to the rear garden area.
- Master bedroom which is also very generous in size with king-size bed, plenty of wardrobe space, dressing table, forty two inch plasma television with Sky and en-suite with Jacuzzi bath, shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom one and three are both double bedrooms with an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom two is also a double with en-suite bathroom including a WC and wash basin.
Outside: The garden is secluded and gated surrounding the house. It has a sloping lawn and two areas for sitting out and enjoying the scenery (outdoor furniture provided). Guests with children should be aware of the pond in the garden and make sure young children are supervised at all times. There is off-road parking for up to three vehicles. A detached garage provides a utility area for the washing machine and tumble dryer with plenty of space for bikes and outdoor gear.
Additional information: WiFi internet access throughout. Children welcome but sorry, no dogs. Cot, high chair and stair gate available. Prices include heating, bedlinen, electricity and towels. Short breaks available out of season - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £999
Mid Season from £1150
High Season from £1450
Peak Season £1950
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (4 Kings, 1 Double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ken Burchill, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Clover Nook joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2016
We are now taking bookings for weekends and midweek breaks from October until the end of March. October half term excluded. Please contact ken for availability on 07831817310 or email email@example.com
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017
Approximate Location of Clover Nook
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book