Silkmill Cottage - Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 5
Silk Mill Cottage has recently been refurbished to a very high standard and sleeps up to five guests in three bedrooms. Sitting in a lovely position within the Old Silk Mill's grounds, this delightful holiday home perfectly blends traditional features with modern conveniences and is just a minutes stroll from Chipping Campden's high street.
Located in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Chipping Campden nestles amongst the Cotswold Hills and is regarded by many to be one of the most beautiful and finest unspoilt medieval towns in the country.
The High Street's long elegant vista of fourteenth and eighteenth Century honey coloured buildings provide homes for lovely independent shops, pubs and restaurants. Surrounded by rolling countryside, the area offers great walking opportunities, along with other outdoor pursuits including cycling - a great way to explore the pretty honey-coloured villages.
Chipping Campden is possibly one of the most photographed towns in the Cotswolds and is within easy reach of Broadway, Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton in Marsh. Centrally positioned, it makes a great base for exploring the wider area with attractions including Cheltenham, Blenheim Palace at Woodstock, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon (the birthplace of William Shakespeare), Warwick Castle and even the City of Bath - all within easy reach. There are historic towns with incredible architecture and quintessentially English villages just waiting to be explored.
With so many amenities and attractions on the doorstep, this is a great self-catering retreat for those who want to leave their car at home. Whether you are looking to get away for a break with friends or a family holiday Silkmill Cottage is a superb choice.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Silkmill Cottage Continued
- Entrance hall leading into the open plan living area...
- Charming sitting area with comfortable seating, flatscreen television, DVD player and stone fireplace housing a little log burner - perfect for cosy nights in!
- Dining area with table and six chairs.
- Fabulous kitchen with dishwasher, electric oven/hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Beyond the kitchen is a...
- Utility room with WC - all of the living area benefits from underfloor heating so nice and warm under foot!
- Beautiful wooden staircase leading up to...
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Single bedroom with a single good quality sofa bed. The single room can share the twin rooms en-suite which can be accessed via a separate door off the landing.
Outside: The cottage has two small gardens at the front of the property and a courtyard to the rear offering a peaceful part covered outdoor area with table and chairs - ideal for alfresco dining! Two car parking spaces are available just a short walk away.
Additional information: Short breaks available all year round. Linen and towels provided. Strictly no smoking. Tea, coffee, milk, and a tasty cake await your arrival. Welcome hampers, champagne and flowers are available by arrangement. Horse riding, wine tasting, golf, clay pigeon shooting, historical tours, beauty therapy/treatments and a personal trainer can be arranged. No smoking and unfortunately no pets. High chair and cot available.
Low Season from £645
Mid Season from £695
High Season from £775
Peak Season £845
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Single)
Owner: Andy & Sarah Smith, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Silkmill Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017