Farthing Cottage - Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 2
Farthing Cottage sleeps two guests and is an exceptionally pretty traditional Cotswolds cottage which guests return back to time and time again because of its perfect location, lovely decor and heaps of traditional character - whether you want to eat out every night, enjoy a barbecue in the garden or snuggle up in front of a roaring log fire, this is the ideal place!
The cottage is perfect for a short break or longer holiday and sits in an enviable position in a quiet spot just a short stroll (apx two minutes) from the market square of the popular ancient market town of Stow-on-the-Wold with its excellent selection of gastro-pubs, traditional inns, restaurants, art galleries and independent little shops to browse (including a butchers, bakers, deli, wine merchants, chemist and grocery stores for stocking up on local produce - all within walking distance of the cottage).
Dating back some two hundred years, Farthing Cottage oozes traditional character with beams on the ceiling, an original Cotswolds stone floor, stone walls and a fireplace housing a log burner makes it perfect for a winter break. This is complemented by lovely furnishings, traditional fabrics, antique pine furniture, a romantic hand carved four poster bed and modern facilities including a flat screen television (with iPod docking and freeview channels), dishwasher, Hi-fi, wireless internet access throughout the cottage (free of charge), washer/dryer and DVD player.
Farthing Cottage affords off-road parking for one to two cars at the front, from where you walk through the pretty garden to the cottage. A real sun trap during the warmer months, the garden provides a great place to relax when you fancy a day off sight-seeing with wooden steamers (during the summer month), bistro table with two chairs, sun umbrella and BBQ provided. Guests are welcome to help themselves to herbs growing in the garden and the local shops within walking distance provide everything needed for a romantic candlelit supper or BBQ to enjoy alfresco dining!
Perfect for couples, Farthing Cottage is ideal for those who want a romantic and relaxing holiday and also ideal for those wishing to explore the many delights that the Cotswold's has to offer. It also has some wonderful walks through rolling countryside to pretty villages from the front door (most including a pub for refreshments!) and benefits from being in the heart of one of the most popular historic towns in the Cotswold's with excellent eating establishments.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Farthing Cottage Continued
- You enter Farthing Cottage via the light and airy sun room with dining table and chairs - the perfect place to enjoy breakfast or supper with windows and French door that overlook the pretty garden.
- This room leads into the spacious living area which has a magical atmosphere with lots of character features including a beamed ceiling, Cotswold stone floor and also exposed walls (keeping it cool in the summer months), comfy seating, flat screen television, DVD player and the original stone fireplace with log burner for cosy nights in front of the fire.
- The kitchen area is at the rear of the living area/cottage and is well equipped with everything needed to cater for a light snack through to a lavish Christmas dinner! Facilities include dishwasher (slimline), Gas cooker/hob, microwave, fridge, small freezer and washer/dryer.
- The shower room is also located at the rear of the cottage on the ground floor with a WC, wash basin, heated towel rail and a walk in cubicle tiled in natural honey coloured mosaics with electric shower.
- The spacious romantic double bedroom is located upstairs and affords a lovely aspect looking out over the garden. The windows let the sun flood in first thing in the morning - lay in bed with your morning tea enjoying the morning rays. With lots of character the vaulted beamed ceiling provides a nice sense of space and wooden floor boards and antique pine furniture (including a large wardrobe and chest of drawers for storage) compliment the character features. A pretty hand carved four poster bed provides a central feature and will be made up with fresh white bed linen ready for your arrival - a truly romantic room with a lovely atmosphere.
Whether you are looking for a summer or winter break, Farthing Cottage is the perfect place to stay in the heart of the Cotswolds.
Additional information: Prices include heating (this is central heating), electricity, linen and towels. The cottage is fitted with wireless broadband so you can use your laptop in any room. Sorry but no pets and strictly no smoking. Short breaks available outside of peak times (three night minimum).
Access by public transport: It is possible to travel to Stow via public transport (trains regularly run from London Paddington to Kingham or Moreton-in-Marsh and you can easily pick up a ten to fifteen minute taxi ride from Moreton to take you to Stow). There are plenty of lovely shops in Stow where you can buy local produce and also a supermarket within walking distance. With a great selection of pubs and restaurants, lovely walks and a local bus service, this is an enjoyable holiday destination with or without a car.
Low Season from £365
Mid Season from £390
High Season from £485
Peak Season £595
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double Four-poster Bedroom)
Owner: Sarah Brownfield, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Farthing Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2006
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd August 2017
Approximate Location of Farthing Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book