Sansons - Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 4
Sansons Cottage sleeps up to four guests in two bedrooms (one king and a super-king/twin offering flexible sleeping) and is perfectly placed off the high street of the popular ancient town of Chipping Campden in the Cotswolds. A Grade II listed cottage, Sansons is packed full of all the traditional character you would expect for a cottage that is almost two hundred years old, yet it has all the modern conveniences required for a comfortable break.
Split over three floors, the cottage is welcoming and beautifully presented with appeal that lasts all year round with a log fire for winter nights (along with central heating) and a cottage garden with patio for balmy summer evenings sitting outside.
Perfectly placed, Sansons Cottage sits in one of the Cotswold's finest medieval towns, within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has excellent amenities on its doorstep. Chipping Campden's high street is lined with historic honey coloured architecture which is both impressive and home to a great selection of pubs, restaurants and interesting shops to browse.
Surrounding by beautiful rolling countryside, the area provides superb opportunities for both walkers and cyclists - the perfect way to explore the pretty Cotswolds villages without the use of a car where you can stop and enjoy lunch on route at one of the many excellent pubs.
Possibly one of the most photographed towns in the Cotswolds, Chipping Campden is within easy driving distance of Broadway, the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton in Marsh to name just a few. It is also an ideal central base from which to explore the wider area with a multitude of attractions including Cheltenham, Blenheim Palace in Woodstock, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon (the birthplace of Shakespeare), Warwick Castle and even the Roman City of Bath - all providing great days out. There are ancient towns full of history and spectacular architecture and quintessentially English villages just waiting to be explored.
With a host of excellent amenities on the doorstep and a great selection of attractions within easy reach, Cider Mill Cottage is a lovely self-catering retreat whether you want to arrive by car or leave it at home.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Welcoming living room with open fire, beams, oak floor (with rug), comfy seating, flat screen Freeview television, DVD player, iPod docking and door leading into the...
- Kitchen/dining area with painted cupboards, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave, fridge with freezer box, gas hob, electric oven (with extractor above) and small dining table with four chairs.
- King-size bedroom with fitted cupboards providing storage, along with bedside tables, chest of drawers, Freeview television (including DVD player) and window seat where you can sit and watch the activity on the high street.
- Family bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
- Attic bedroom with high beamed ceiling and super-king bed which can also be made up as two singles by arrangement. There is also a fitted cupboard, chest of drawers and bedside tables, along with an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
Outside: Public parking is available on the road outside the cottage (without restrictions). There is a cottage garden to the rear of the property (accessed via steps) with a patio area at one end including outdoor furniture where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine or BBQ during the summer months (BBQ provided).
Additional information: Short breaks available all year round. Linen and towels provided. Strictly no smoking. Tea, coffee, milk, and a tasty cake await your arrival. Welcome hampers, champagne and flowers are available by arrangement. Horse riding, wine tasting, golf, clay pigeon shooting, historical tours, beauty therapy/treatments and a personal trainer can be arranged. No smoking and unfortunately no pets. High chair and cot available.
Low Season from £545
Mid Season from £595
High Season from £645
Peak Season £725
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin/Super-king)
Owner: Andy & Sarah Smith, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sansons joined Independent Cottages in April 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Under new management from August 2016.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017