Choose Amuse - Walkington, Nr Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, England - Sleeps 4
Choose Amuse sleeps four guests and is a 4 Star Gold mews-style luxury retreat ideally placed in the Yorkshire village of Walkington.
Located close to Beverley in the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds, this stylish holiday home is presented to an exceptionally high standard with lots of extra special touches to ensure your stay is enjoyable and memorable. Rustle up supper in the modern well-equipped Shaker-style kitchen, then relax in front of the flickering flames of the log burner before you drift off to sleep in one of the two flexible sumptuous bedrooms that can be made up as kings or twins. There is also a courtyard garden for when the sun shines and off-road parking.
Walkington is as attractive as its name with its large village duck pond and choice of three pubs - all just a few steps from Choose Amuse. Enjoy country walks straight from the front door, bike rides along leafy lanes and meals out in excellent pubs with a warm local welcome. The village also has a good size grocery store for stocking up on provisions, newspapers and even pastries for your morning coffee; or hop on the bus (or drive) and visit nearby Beverley with its magnificent historic minster, great shops, fine dining restaurants, gastro pubs and bustling market town. Beverley also has a race course on the outskirts of the town which is a popular venue amongst horse racing circles and an exciting day out.
Just twenty minutes away is Hull which has been nominated as the '2017 City of Culture'. Whether you drive or take the train from Beverley, Hull is steeped in heritage and has plenty to offer with its excellent shopping, museums, attractions (including The Deep) and premier league football.
Also within driving distance for a day trip out is the magnificent City of York, the dramatic North York Moors and Yorkshire's glorious East Coast for those wanting a day by the sea.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Choose Amuse Continued
Beautifully presented throughout, accommodation is sumptious and stylish and comprises:
- Kitchen with everything needed to create that special supper or light snack including Shaker-style units, dishwasher, washing machine/tumble dryer, fridge/freezer, double oven/Gas hob and even the all-important Nespresso coffee machine. Doors from the kitchen take you out to a sunny courtyard perfect for alfresco dining with table, chairs, sun umbrella and lockable boot store.
- Dining area with stylish breakfast bar. Pull up a chair/stool, take the wine out of the wine chiller and chat about the day's adventures over a glass or two.
- Lounge perfectly blending stylish furnishings with the cosiness of a wonderful log burner with large glass door so you can really enjoy the full effect of the flickering flames. Sit and watch your favourite movie on the forty two inch Smart television (FreeSat, Xbox 360 and Bose soundlink provided for guests entertainment.
- Two fabulous bedrooms with sumptuous zip and link king-size beds (which can be arranged as twins) that assure a restful night's sleep. Beds are adorned with crisp Egyptian linen, and wall mounted televisions mean you don't have to rush your morning cup of tea in bed. There is also plenty of clothes storage in both bedrooms as well as dressing facilities.
- Impressive bathroom with lovely deep bath (with power shower over) just perfect for a long soak at the end of the day, WC and wash basin. Complimentary toiletries are provided along with fluffy towels.
Outside: As mentioned, the courtyard provides a private place to relax with a glass of wine or enjoy outside dining. There is also a little sitting area at the front of the cottage where you can look over the paddock - a nice place to enjoy your morning tea or coffee!
Additional information. A mini welcome hamper is provided with fabulous local goodies. Prices include towels, bed linen, heating, electricity and a welcome basket of logs and kindling. Unfortunately Choose Amuse is not suitable for 'under-fives'. Dogs may be accepted by prior arrangement providing they are kept downstairs. Unlimited WiFi access throughout the house. Strictly no smoking. Short breaks available and flexible changeover all year round.
Low Season from £510
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £590
Peak Season £700
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Kings/Twins)
Owner: Karen Robinson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Choose Amuse joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2016
Prices stated are for 7 night breaks however, short breaks are available all year, please enquire.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017
Approximate Location of Choose Amuse
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book