Lyke Wake Cottage - Swainby, North Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 5
Lyke Wake Cottage sleeps up to five guests and is a charming holiday home dating back to the 18th Century. Lovingly restored to its former farmhouse glory, the cottage takes its name from the Lyke Wake Walk, started in the 1950's by Bill Cowley who owned the farm at the time.
Located just outside Potto on a quite country road, Lyke Wake Cottage is close to the village of Swainby and offers fantastic views across lovely open countryside. It provides the perfect place for a relaxing holiday in North Yorkshire and can comfortably accommodate up to five guests in three bedrooms.
The quaint village of Swainby, with its pretty stream (with resident ducks!), village shop and two pubs is located on the western edge of the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors National Park. The local area is absolutely perfect for walkers with direct access to the North York Moors and its many footpaths including the Cleveland Way. The National Cycle Route 65 runs directly through Swainby, making it ideal too for those who enjoy cycling.
There are numerous attractions and places of interest to visit including; Herroit country, Castle Howard Stately Home, Heartbeat country, the famous North York Moors Steam Railway and the town of Helmsley with its array of quaint shops. For those happy to travel a little further, York's beautiful historic city centre and the glorious Yorkshire Heritage East Coastline provide great day trips out. Why not visit the beautiful coastal fishing villages of Staithes and Runswick Bay or explore the Victorian sea side town of Saltburn and Sandsends with its expanse of sandy beach extending down the coast to the lively town of Whitby.
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Lyke Wake Cottage Continued
- Well equipped kitchen with electric fan oven, hob/extractor fan, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave. Plenty of little extras are provided including tea towels, dishwasher and washing tablets etc.
- Lounge complete with television, DVD player, inglenook fireplace (which houses a log effect electric fan heater) and comfy seating.
- Dining area with table/six chairs and French windows opening out onto the patio with outdoor furniture and fantastic views to enjoy over the open rolling countryside.
- Romantic bedroom with traditional cream cast iron king-size bed with brass bed knobs, cabinets each side of the bed and plenty of clothes storage in the wardrobe and chest of drawers. A dressing table, feature fireplace and rocking chair add to the charm of this pretty room.
- Double bedroom with chest of drawers, chair, bedside table and delightful countryside views.
- Single bedroom with bedside table, pine wardrobe, cabinet, mirror and excellent views.
- Shower room with wash basin, WC (baby bath available) and heated towel rail (towels and complimentary toiletries are provided for guests).
Additional information: The cosy ambience is enhanced by the under floor heating. Guests will be greeted with a welcome pack containing; milk, bread, bacon. butter, jam, fresh farm eggs, biscuits, coffee and tea. Wine and flowers also provided.
Low Season from £330
Mid Season from £430
Peak Season £530
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Single)
Owner: Michael & Margaret Gaines-Burrill, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Lyke Wake Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2008
Short breaks available. Please enquire. Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07712883875 New flatscreen television.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 28th April 2017
Approximate Location of Lyke Wake Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book