The Miller's Cottage - Clun, Shropshire, England - Sleeps 2-3
The Miller's Cottage sleeps two - three guests and sits in a tranquil, secluded Shropshire valley surrounded by rolling farmland and wooded hills, just three miles from the picturesque riverside village of Clun with its ancient castle ruins. Whether you are looking to simply relax and unwind or want to explore this beautiful part of the country with its many attractions, The Miller's Cottage provides a cosy character retreat.
Full of traditional charm, Miller's Cottage was once a corn-mill back in its working days and dates as far back to the 17th Century. Today it has been beautifully converted and offers a welcoming 'home from home' with lovely traditional features blended with modern conveniences to ensure both a charming atmosphere and plenty of comfort.
The cottage is perfect for those who enjoy walking with the Offas Dyke Path easily accessible from the cottage. Both the Long Mynd and Stiperstones are also easily nearby and a short drive away providing a wealth of stunning walks. This beautiful area of the Welsh Marches has much to offer with numerous castles and historic border towns to discover including popular medieval Ludlow (a haven for foodies) with over five hundred listed buildings and plenty of excellent restaurants including two Michelin star ones.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
The Miller's Cottage Continued
- Lovely sitting room with painted stone walls, beams, inglenook fireplace housing a wood burning stove, flatscreen television, DVD/CD player and comfy seating. Fully carpeted, this is a cosy room to relax in front of a fire after a day exploring the Shropshire hills.
- Dining area with antique pine table and four chairs.
- Well equipped open plan kitchen with painted units, electric cooker, microwave and washing machine.
- Shower room with WC and wash basin. Steep stairs lead up to...
- Two spacious bedrooms both with Victorian cast-iron beds (one double and one single) on the first floor with beams, sloping ceilings (Velux windows provide light and views across the countryside) and stripped pine furniture.
Outside: You walk through a pretty cottage wild flower garden to access the cottage which is private with table and seats - a sunny tranquil place to relax during the warmer months.
Low Season from £389
Mid Season from £430
High Season from £477
Peak Season £520
Star Rating: 4 Star
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-3 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Single)
Owner: Gill Della Casa & Andrew Farmer, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Miller's Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2006
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st May 2017