The Barn at Lower Beach - Linley, Bishops Castle, Shropshire, England - Sleeps 2
The Barn at Lower Beach is a delightful new one bedroom holiday apartment located on the first floor of a double storey detached barn in the very heart of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Ideal for couples, The Barn sits close to the owners property in an idyllic position with stunning countryside all around. Affording fantastic views across to Linley Hill with its famous avenue of beech trees, The Barn is an ideal base for a couple or two friends who want to explore the stunning countryside of South Shropshire, North Herefordshire and Wales.
A romantic and picturesque place, The Barn offers the ultimate retreat where you can get away from everything, yet it is conveniently located just a five minute car ride from the small hamlet of More and the village of Norbury. The attractive market town of Bishop's Castle is approximately five miles away and the market town of Ludlow with its attractive architecture, fine dining, impressive ancient castle and festivals (including the popular yearly food festival in September) is just half an hour by car.
There are many reasons to visit this beautiful area that is popular with walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and those wanting to visit the many attractions. These include:
- Superb walking with some of the best walking country available from the doorstep - long distance paths easily accessible include Offa's Dyke, Kerry Ridgway and The Shropshire Way which is just a short walk from The Barn.
- Opportunities for birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Beautiful countryside dotted with delightful small market towns and pretty hamlets.
- Second hand bookshops to browse and festivals to enjoy including food and culture in Ludlow, poetry in Much Wenlock, music in Presteigne and books in Hay - all just an hour away by car.
- Excellent independent shops, pubs and a Michelin starred restaurant nearby.
- Easy access to the Welsh border making it possible to visit the peaceful seaside village of Aberdovey in Snowdonia National Park for a day trip (a beautiful two hour drive through rolling country).
- Castles, country houses and beautiful gardens within easy reach including Ludlow Castle, Stokesay Castle at Craven Arms, Wollerton Old Hall, David Austin Roses and Powys Castle to name just a few.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
The Barn at Lower Beach Continued
The Barn is accessed by steps that take you up to the front door opening into...
- Main living area for relaxing and dining comfortably furnished and heated with a log burner for cosy nights in, and electric radiators. The kitchen is well equipped with everything needed to self-cater including a fridge, dishwasher, microwave, split level oven and a hob. Other facilities include a washing machine, television, DVD player and Wi-Fi internet access.
- Separate bedroom with five foot bed which can be made up as a double or two singles to provide flexible sleeping arrangement.
Outside: There is an area of garden with beautiful countryside views and table with chairs (currently under construction). Once unloaded, parking is available in a parking area on the lane below the Barn.
Additional information: All bed linen and towels are provided. Electric wall radiators are in both rooms and a heated rail for warming towels is in the bathroom. The Barn is but a step away from the main house and is very much part of the owners' home and often used by members of the family. However, it is private and not overlooked. The Barn is unsuitable for anyone over six feet five inches (!) or anyone with limited mobility due to the steps up to the apartment and into the garden.
Low Season from £250
Mid Season from £300
High Season from £350
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Super-King/Twin)
Owner: Caroline Keely, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Barn at Lower Beach joined Independent Cottages in June 2012
Short breaks are always available. Please enquire and check owners websi
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st September 2017
Approximate Location of The Barn at Lower Beach
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book