Oakpond Cottage - Ightfield, Whitchurch, Shropshire, England - Sleeps 6Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 8 guests
Briarhill Farm is home to Oakpond Cottage and sits in a countryside setting on the Cheshire/Shropshire border. The pet-friendly cottage provides a relaxing retreat and affords the luxury of a hot tub that can be hired for a small additional charge.
The cosy country cottage is in a tranquil spot surrounded by countryside which the owners farm, overlooking a wildlife pond with ducks and moorhens. Oakpond Cottage sleeps up to six guests and is ideal for families at any time of the year.
The Cheshire village of Audlem is only ten minutes away where you will find circular canal side walks, tea rooms, shops and a boating marina. There is a nature reserve within a five minute drive offering wooded walks, along with three good pubs with log fires serving food. The area also offers numerous National Trust properties gardens and castles to visit.
Awarded Four Star Gold for quality accommodation, the cottage is suited for people who want to escape to the country for some peace and quiet amongst the surrounding wildlife. Sitting up a private lane, only shared with the owners farm, Oakpond Cottage is presented to a high standard and has a fenced private garden and patio with garden furniture for sitting out and soaking up the peace and tranquillity. There is also a courtyard and the Pig Sty which has now been converted into an indoor play barn with toys and a sand pit to keep the little ones entertained. Guests are also welcome to wander down to the farm and see the animals.
The wildlife pond adds to the relaxed environment and attracts lots of wildlife including ducks, dragonflies, moorhens, squirrels, woodpeckers and owls. If you are really lucky you may even see bats flying around!
Frogs Retreat Spa Room is the perfect place to spoil yourself at the end of the day with an energising massage in the wonderful hydrotherapy spa/hot tub (there is a small additional charge for use of the spa) - just sit back and admire the beautiful views over the Shropshire countryside while you bubble your aches away!
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Oakpond Cottage Continued
Oakpond Cottage is an idyllic cottage with wood burner that can sleep six people comfortably but is also a cosy retreat for couples.
- Comfortable cosy lounge with exposed beams, comfortable seating for five, flatscreen Freeview television, DVD player and woodburner providing a wonderful atmosphere on chilly nights. During the warmer months the scent of the honeysuckle fills this room with the most incredible smell.
- Kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, double oven and extractor, CD player, flatscreen digital Freeview television with DVD player. Lovely views can be enjoy whilst washing up from the sink and French doors lead out to the garden with patio overlooking the wildlife pond and countryside. There is also a pine table with seating for six people.
- King-size bedroom with views over the pond, fields and Shropshire countryside. An old oak wardrobe and dressing table provide storage space for clothes and there is room for a cot if required.
- Flexible bedroom which can be made up as a twin or double by arrangement (please specify at the point of booking).
- Bathroom with electric shower over the bath, wash basin and WC.
- Snug providing a nice place to sit with a good book or a good place for the children to play while you prepare dinner.
- Outside washroom with sink and WC.
Additional information: Prices include: central heating, electricity, linen, Egyptian fluffy towels, Wi-Fi, a welcome tray upon arrival and complimentary toiletries and beverages. A travel cot (please supply your own bedding), high chair and stair gate available. On arrival the fire is made up ready to light and a welcome basket of logs is provided. Guests have the use of a communal utility room with lots of information on places to visit, walking maps, washing machine (coin operated) and extra space to dry wet coats and walking boots. One very well behaved dog welcome.
Low Season from £300
Mid Season from £390
High Season from £450
Peak Season £525
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin & 1 Double)
Group booking details:
Please note: Oakpond Cottage sleeps 6 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 8 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Beverley Boffey, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Oakpond Cottage joined Independent Cottages in March 2014
Owner's Other Properties
This cottage is also perfect for a couple Prices quoted on this website are for 2-4 people. Please email us for a price if more than 4 people
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 7th August 2017
Approximate Location of Oakpond Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book