Kite's Gate - Self catering holiday cottage, Kingham, Oxfordshire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
Kingham Cottages offers a collection of three luxurious holiday cottages that are located within the stunning grounds of Kingham Lodge. Ideal for couples, families and friends, the cottages are perfect for a long weekend, mid-week break or longer holiday and can be rented together to accommodate larger parties of up to eighteen.
The owners of Kingham Lodge have lived in the charming Cotswold village of Kingham (voted 'England's favourite village'), for over thirty years and their aim is to provide a traditional Cotswold cottage holiday, whilst offering a unique touch that makes your stay extra special.
The loft apartment (sleeps four to six guests) and the two holiday cottages (each sleep six guests) were completed in the summer of 2011 and have been designed as traditional Cotswold properties with timeless luxurious interiors that are perfectly combined with modern-day conveniences to ensure your stay is enjoyable and relaxing.
Kingham Lodge sits in five acres of beautiful landscaped grounds where guests can enjoy additional facilities that include a fantastic indoor heated swimming pool complex with lounging area and traditional Turkish Hammam; a tennis court; croquet and the Sequoia Room, a flexible room adjoining the pool which can be used as a cinema room, yoga room or to seat up to thirty people for dining or a business away day.
Located in the heart of Kingham village, there is stunning countryside all around for walkers and cyclists to explore. This lovely village has a thriving community, village shop and two excellent pubs (The Kingham Plough and The Tollgate Inn) serving locally brewed ales and gourmet meals for foodies.
The surrounding area offers plenty of attractions and interesting places to visit with Churchill, Chipping Norton, Stow-on-the-Wold and Burford - all within a short drive. For those happy to travel a little further afield, Oxford, Cheltenham, Blenheim Palace, Broadway, Chipping Campden, Batesford, The Slaughters and Stratford-upon-Avon are within easy reach.
- Swimming Pool
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Kite's Gate is a beautiful cottage that sleeps six.
- Entrance leading to lobby area with stairs. The lobby leads to open plan living space.
- Living area with two large comfy sofas, two armchairs, large flatscreen television with Freeview, DVD player and under floor heating through oak board flooring. This area leads to the kitchen and dining area.
- Fully equipped kitchen with modern facilities including electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge/freezer and washing machine with dryer. Doors to garden terrace.
- Dining area with country table and six chairs.
- Cloakroom with WC and washbasin.
- Master bedroom with king size bed, chest of drawers, large wardrobe, television with Freeview, DVD player and en-suite shower room with WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom two with twin beds and wardrobe.
- Family bathroom with bath, shower over, WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom three with two single beds, wardrobe and en-suite shower room with WC and washbasin. This room affords views over the edge of the village towards the countryside.
Outside: To the rear of the cottage is a quiet, terraced area with table and chairs, leading to a small grassed area (shared with next door).
Additional facilities: The indoor swimming pool is eleven metres by five metres and is heated all year and available to guests for several hours each day (children under sixteen must be accompanied by an adult). The Hammam (traditional Turkish bath) is the perfect place to relax and unwind. You are also able to pre-book a massage treatment in the Hammam. An all-weather hard tennis court is available for tennis enthusiasts (please bring your own racquets, tennis balls and shoes). A croquet set is available for use on the main lawn which can also be used for boules, frisbee and other games. The Sequoia Room, adjoins the pool and can be used as a cinema room, yoga room for twenty or to seat up to thirty people for dining or business away days.
Additional information: Wi-Fi broadband connection. Unfortunately no smoking. Due to the high standard of furnishings, the owners are unable to accept pets. A cot, stair-gate, cradle, high chair and pushchair/pram are available on request. Bikes can be stored in the secure garage. There are three local golf courses. Off-road parking available.
Low Season from £700
Mid Season from £1000
High Season from £1400
Peak Season £2000
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double ensuite, 2 Twins - one is ensuite)
Owner: Christopher & Delphie Stockwell click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Kite's Gate joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2012