The Manse - Keld, Swaledale, North Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 6
Formerly a minister's residence, the Manse comfortably accommodates up to six guests in three bedrooms and offers spacious living complimented by lovely traditional features including an open fireplace with original Victorian surround, beamed ceilings, window seats and a nice mix of wood and flagstone floors.
Keld is an attractive Dales village steeped in history and local tradition. Sitting in the heart of the village, The Manse adjoins the United Reformed Church and has been entrenched in village life since the 18th century. Recently refurbished, it offers a great mix of understated simplicity, original charm and modern conveniences with the added bonus of fantastic views over the village and Swaledale scenery beyond. Keld sits in the heart of hill farming country and it is not uncommon to see sheep being driven through the village by the local farmers and their dogs. In Spring (April / May) sheep graze and lambs play in the field opposite the cottage, providing endless hours of entertainment for those staying at The Manse.
Sitting in Swaledale within the peaceful Pennines, Keld is an ideal base from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales National Park and its many attractions. A tiny village, it offers a real taste of country life and a picturesque setting for a relaxing holiday or outdoor break amongst stunning scenery. Whether you enjoy cycling or walking there are endless opportunities with the Pennine Way and Coast to Coast walks just a short stroll away from The Manse. There is also a small hotel with very good restaurant within walking distance for a refreshing drink or meal at the end of the day!
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
The Manse Continued
- Small entrance porch with seat room for storing shoes/boots.
- Beamed dining room with a table and seating for eight - with an open fire this is a cosy room for supper.
- Kitchen with tiled floor, electric hob, oven with grill, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and separate freezer.
- Breakfast room with traditional range (decorative use only), under-heated flagstone floor, table with four chairs and windows looking out onto the back garden and across the village and Swaledale beyond.
- Comfy, beamed sitting room with window seat, two quality sofas, widescreen television, Sky, DVD Player and open fire.
- Downstairs cloak room with ample space for boots and coats, plus a boiler room with capacity for drying wet outdoor gear.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed (with pocket sprung mattress), antique wardrobe and dressing table.
- Spacious twin bedroom with new mattresses (2015).
- Second smaller double bedroom.
- Family shower room.
Outside: There are enclosed gardens to the front and rear with garden furniture and room to park two cars.
Additional information: Oil underfloor and central heating throughout the cottage. Oil and fuel for fires included in the hire charge. Towels included. No smoking inside the property. Well behaved pets considered - please enquire. Parking at the front of The Manse for two cars along with secure cycle storage. The Manse adjoins the church and services are usually fortnightly (Sunday at 2pm) which is usually the only time that the church bell is rung. Saturday is the normal changeover but alternative days will try to be accommodated.
Low Season from £365
Mid Season from £530
High Season from £630
Peak Season £650
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Helen Guy, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Manse joined Independent Cottages in May 2009
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th September 2017
Approximate Location of The Manse
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book