Rushall Lodge - Rushall, Diss, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 10
Rushall Lodge is a spacious holiday retreat sleeping up to ten guests in six bedrooms, located in the pretty parish of Rushall on the Norfolk / Suffolk borders. Just a short drive from the picturesque Norfolk market town of Diss and the Suffolk market town Beccles which is at the start of the Norfolk Broads, Rushall Lodge is exceptionally well located for a holiday or short break being just an hour from London.
Ideal for families, couples or friends who want to enjoy some time away together, the house offers plenty of space to relax and unwind, both inside and out, with excellent facilities that include a heated indoor swimming pool, hot tub, multi-gym for adults and games room. There is a log fire in the sitting room for cosy winter nights and two acres of gardens with a silver birch wooded area providing shade during the warmer summer months, making it ideal all year round.
In a rural position, Rushall Lodge is just a fifteen minute drive from the start of the Norfolk Broads and within easy driving distance of the coast with Gorleston on Sea with its peaceful beach and Walberswick where the little ones can go crabbing, just forty minutes away. Bantham Zoo is sure to be a holiday highlight with the kids and for those who enjoy city life, head for Norwich with plenty of attractions, shops and places to eat (only eleven miles away).
Alternatively stay closer to home and discover Diss with its independent shops and places to enjoy a meal out; Harleston with some lovely shops, supermarket and tennis courts for those who fancy a game in the park; or Pulham Market with its traditional pubs where you can enjoy a local pint overlooking the village green. The Half Moon is even closer (less than a mile) and the 'local' to Rushall Lodge offering pub meals and an open fire (the local lanes are quiet so ideal for exploring on bike or foot).
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Rushall Lodge Continued
- Sitting room with comfy leather seating, television, DVD player, patio doors and impressive fireplace for a lovely log fire, leading into the dining area with table, chairs and second set of patio doors taking you outside.
- Farmhouse style kitchen with range style cooker, plenty of cupboards for storage, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and breakfast bar with stools where people can sit and watch the television or keep the cook company.
- Utility room where the washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer, hoover etc are housed.
- Large conservatory games room with table football, snooker table, comfy seating, bookshelf full of books and grand piano (baby size) for some good old fashioned entertainment.
- Twin bedroom which leads into a 'snug' room with sofa bed which can be used for additional sleeping or as an additional sitting room where you can escape for a quiet moment.
- Ground floor shower room with large enclosure, WC and wash basin.
- Cloak room with WC.
- King-size bedroom, plenty of storage space for clothes and en-suite shower room with double enclosure, WC and wash basin. Cot available.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Single bedroom with bedside table and drawers/cupboards including a dressing table with stool.
- Double bedroom which also has plenty of storage.
- Second single bedroom.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
Indoor pool room (access via the house and restricted with a lock set at adult height): The indoor pool is heated to thirty degrees whatever the time of year and has a depth range of three foot six in the shallow area to six foot deep (where there is a swim jet for those wanting to keep fit). A de-humidifier keeps the atmosphere pleasant and provides the ideal environment for drying towels after you have been in the pool (please bring your own towels). A multi-gym is also located in the pool room (adult use only), as is the hot tub which is maintained at thirty seven degrees for a relaxing hot bubble! Lovely views over the garden can be enjoyed from the pool room. Guests are requested not to take any food in the pool area or glasses.
Outside: Guests have extensive gardens that encompass two acres including a large paved terrace with outdoor furniture and lighting, making it ideal for alfresco dining. There is plenty of space for little ones to let off steam and to find a quiet spot for a picnic or relax in the summer sun with a good book. Pheasants, rabbits, partridge, ducks and even grouse and muntjack deer often visit the garden along with plenty of bird life.
Additional information: Unfortunately no pets. No smoking. Prices include Wi-Fi internet access, bed linen, electricity, heating and cleaning, along with the use of pool and hot tub. Only couples and family groups can be accepted - sorry but the property cannot be used as a party house. No fireworks as there are horses nearby. Monday and Friday are the normal changeover days but please enquire about alternatives. Three night short breaks from £975 - please enquire with the owner. Stanstead airport is one hour by car and Norwich airport is just twenty minutes.
Low Season from £1500
Mid Season from £1650
High Season from £2450
Peak Season £2950
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 6 bedrooms (1 King, 2 Twins, 1 Double & 2 Singles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Paul Jackson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Rushall Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2015
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017