Tethera Cottage - Broughton Beck, Nr Coniston, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 2
Tethera Cottage offers a truly unique and captivating experience and provides an ideal place to get away from it all and relax within the beautiful Lake District. Providing luxurious self-catering for two guests, the building was previously used to keep animals and today it is perfect for those who enjoy walking with access on foot from the cottage onto The "Cumbrian Way" and a wealth of fantastic walks available locally in the surrounding area.
For wildlife lovers and those with a passion for the great outdoors, the area is a vast playground with picturesque tarns and stunning views just waiting to be discovered. Lowick Common is a particular highlight with over a thousand acres of stunning scenery where you can spot toads, badgers and notoriously shy deer and herons to name just a few.
Fishing enthusiasts are in for a real treat. The owners are able to offer FREE fishing (subject to holding the correct license which is available locally) where you can fish for Sea Trout and Salmon on the River Crake (half mile stretch).
Tethera Cottage provides a superb blend of rural charm with stylish modern luxury to ensure a high level of comfort throughout. It offers a number of hotel qualities whilst offering guests the space and privacy of a charming traditional Lakeland cottage - the winning combination of 'contemporary cottage chic'. It is a superb choice for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of more touristy areas and recharge their batteries in a peaceful setting, yet easily accessible to the areas many attractions.
Situated between the festival town of Ulverston and the village of Lowick in the Crake Valley, Tethera Cottage is located on a private estate on the southern fringe of the Lake District National Park. Here you can enjoy total isolation, yet be less than three miles from Ulverston where you will find all the amenities of this popular market town including shops, inns, restaurants, sports centre (with swimming pool and gym) and a championship golf course.
The Crake Valley winds it way from Coniston Water through: Lowick (with 14th century coaching inn); old Lakeland working bobbin villages and fertile fields and woodland until ultimately reaching Morecambe bay.
Attractions and places of interest include:
- Coniston Water offering plenty of opportunities for watersports (four miles away).
- Lake Windermere with its Lake Cruises (six miles).
- The pretty ancient village of Cartmel, famed for its sticky toffee pudding and a popular haunt for steeple chase enthusiasts (meets take place on the May and August bank holidays).
- Haverthwaite Steam Engines and Lakeside Steam Cruises - a leisurely way of soaking up the scenery!
- Victorian seaside town of Grange (thirty minute drive).
- Castles, stately homes and gardens (discover the houses of Ruskin, Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth).
There are also numerous outdoor activities to enjoy including: climbing; kayaking; sailing; mountain biking; windsurfing; High mountain walking; scrambling; 4x4 driving; quad biking; paint balling; caving; bird watching; tandem sky diving; clay pigeon shooting; horse riding and hot air ballooning.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- CD Player
Tethera Cottage Continued
Tethera Cottage is all on the one level and well proportioned, providing a cosy, special retreat for a romantic, countryside escape. It is a comfortable, luxurious cottage, which has been decorated and furnished to a high standard.
- The Double bedroom is stylish with dual aspect windows which let the light flood in, and an exceptionally comfy bed and Sky television - enjoy having a lay-in and watching your favourite programme.
- Modern and fully tiled bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Main room which is a cosy open-plan living, dining space, leading into the open plan kitchen area. You immediately feel at home and relaxed when the lovely range is lit and the fire glows. Curl up on the comfy sofa after you have enjoyed supper with a glass of wine and watch your favourite movie on the large television (Sky digital channels available as well as a DVD).
- Stylish modern kitchen off the lounge which is very well equipped and beautifully presented with integrated dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer andelectric oven/hob.
Outside: There is seating in a courtyard for guests staying at Tethera with BBQ for alfresco dining during the warmer months. Bikes and outdoor gear can be stored in the stone outbuilding.
Additional information: The price includes electricity, central heating and hot water as well as many extra essentials (such as dishwasher tablets, cleaning products etc); Sky television (full package with sports and movies) is fitted: duvets, pillows and linen are provided; A dog is welcome but must be kept off furniture and not be left at any time; Please enquire about short breaks.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £420
High Season from £490
Peak Season £575
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Emma Carrick, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tethera Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2011
Owner's Other Properties
We now have SKY TV with ALL the channels inc MOVIES and SPORTS
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th July 2017
Approximate Location of Tethera Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book