Heckbarley - Ennerdale Bridge, Nr Cleator, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 8+1
Heckbarley offers comfortable and well equipped self catering holiday accommodation which is situated within the Lake District National Park in the village of Ennerdale Bridge. It is perfectly located for exploring both the beautiful unspoilt Western Lakes and the coast - providing the perfect place to escape and relax.
The holiday cottage is just a short stroll from the pub in the village serving great food and the playground for children.
Tranquil Ennerdale Water (see photo) is just a mile from the cottage and unlike most of the large lakes in the National Park, it does not have a public road running along its shoreline, adding to the peace and tranquility of this haven for wildlife.
For those who enjoy walking, Ennerdale provides forest and lakeside walks at a low level, along with more challenging high fells routes. Alfred Wainwright's Coast to Coast Long Distance Path goes past the cottage's front door as it works its way through Ennerdale. Cyclists too will not be disappointed with the C2C Cycle path, excellent for off-road fun, close by.
Places of interest include:
- Loweswater (which appeared in the "Miss Potter" film) - a hidden gem which is seldom visited.
- Crummock Water and superlative Buttermere (30 minutes drive away).
- Dramatic Wasdale, with Scafell England's highest peak and Wastwater its deepest lake.
- Tranquil Eskdale, with the Ravenglass to Eskdale steam railway.
- Muncaster Castle.
- Cockermouth, a historic bustling market town and the birthplace of Wordsworth's (10 miles north).
- Whitehaven with Beacon museum at the harbour and the Rum Story (9 miles west).
- Sandy beech and cliff top walks at St. Bees (30 mins drive).
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Heckbarley Cottage sleeps nine guests and is comfortably furnished and well equipped providing bright and airy holiday accommodation with pleasing views over fields (to the rear) and fells (to the front).
- Dining room.
- Lounge with colour TV including satellite (full Sky package), DVD/video, mini stereo CD, and wood/coal burning stove. There are doors that open onto a patio where you can catch the last sun and enjoy a BBQ.
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, electric oven/hob, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Utility room.
- Conservatory which opens onto an enclosed garden which is occasionally visited by red squirrels.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and uninterrupted views across a field to the River. The master bedroom also benefits from an en-suite toilet and shower room.
- Spacious family room under the eaves which has a double and a single bed.
- Further twin bedroom and single room both of which have mountain and village views.
- Family Bathroom which has 'whirlpool' bath with shower over, toilet and bidet.
Additional information: Children welcome (high chair & cot available on request). Heating is by electric night storage heaters. Games facilities include board games, table tennis and snooker table (in garage), two courtesy mountain bikes (used entirely at your own risk). Off-road parking for one car. Further roadside parking available opposite. Unfortunately no pets and no smoking.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £650
High Season from £900
Peak Season £1200
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8+1 people in 4 bedrooms (Double, Twin, Single, Family rm with double & single beds, additional z-bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: John Ashworth, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Heckbarley joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2007
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th April 2017