Brantrake Cottage - Eskdale Green, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
Brantrake Cottage is a charming Grade II listed, 17th Century, traditional Lakeland farmhouse that can accommodate parties of up to six guests. It is perfectly situated in a peaceful secluded setting within the Eskdale Valley and ideal for those who want to explore the unspoilt Western Lake District and Central Fells.
In a wonderful setting, Brantrake Cottage is an excellent starting point for numerous walks out onto the fells where you can pick up paths directly from behind the cottage which allow you to explore the valley and nearby mountains including Scafell.
There are plenty of local activities to enjoy including: Climbing Scafell Pike - England's highest mountain; Exploring the breath-taking scenery around Wastwater - England's deepest and probably most spectacular lake; Rock climbing on the nearby Brantrake crags; Taking a trip on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Miniature Railway where you can enjoy the spectacular sights with the adventure of travelling back in time; Visit Muncaster Castle, with its azaleas, rhododendrons and Owl Sanctuary; Relax whilst fishing for salmon, trout and sea trout on the river Esk and the many tarns; or alternatively, enjoy a leisurely lunch or dinner at one of the five Inns that serve local ale and good food (King George is less than half a mile away from the cottage).
This is a perfect location for anyone who wants to relax amongst spectacular scenery; explore the Lake District along with its many attractions; and for those wanting a walking holiday.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Brantrake Cottage Continued
- Cosy lounge with slate floor, oak beamed ceilings and inglenook fireplace with open fire and bread oven. There is also HD LCD television with integrated DVD/CD/iPod dock.
- Well equipped kitchen and dining area with modern amenities including electric oven and hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and microwave oven. The dining table seats six guests and french doors lead to out onto a south facing private patio and enclosed garden with wonderful open fell views.
- The washing machine and tumble dryer for the cottage are located in the adjacent barn.
- Bedroom one has a double bed, vaulted ceiling and exposed beams.
- Bedroom two is a twin room with beamed ceiling.
- Bedroom three has bunk beds which are suitable for all ages. All rooms have lovely views over the Eskdale Valley.
- Bathroom with WC.
- Separate shower room with additional WC.
Additional information: The cottage has parking for several cars. Weekend and mid-week breaks are available by arrangement - please speak to the owner. Prices include heating, electricity, logs and linen.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £500
High Season from £800
Peak Season £900
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Bunk bed room)
Owner: Peter & Anne Altounyan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Brantrake Cottage joined Independent Cottages in March 2010
Owner's Other Properties
recent comments: Our first in the the lakes and we hope to be back soon. This really is a little bit of heaven. Lovely cottage very quiet and relaxing
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd July 2017
Approximate Location of Brantrake Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book