Little Haven - Minehead, Nr Minehead, Somerset, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 4
Little Haven is a charming two bedroom thatched cottage situated between Minehead sea front and Dunster, in the old village quarter of Alcombe. It sleeps four guests in two bedrooms, both of which have a king sized bed. It is popular with couples (one or two) and families who want a comfortable base for exploring West Somerset, North Devon, Exmoor National Park and the Exmoor Heritage Coastline. The property dates from the 17th Century and is Grade II listed to protect its beautiful original character, while sympathetic modernisation has made it an incredibly relaxing place to stay.
The cottage is in a fantastic location a stone’s throw from the Exmoor National Park within walking distance of Minehead beach and pier. The Britannia Inn is a favourite dog friendly pub within walking distance of the cottage with a lovely walled beer garden, a skittles alley and a good choice of real ales. Also within walking distance is a small supermarket and an excellent fish and chip bar. Larger supermarkets, petrol station, banks and restaurants are a mile away in Minehead.
One of the best ways to see the region is on foot or by bicycle. There are a wealth of walking trails and cycling routes/mountain bike terrain to suit all abilities from beginners to those looking for a challenge. The scenery is breath taking but be prepared for some hills!
The seaside resort of Minehead has attracted holidaymakers since the Victorian era and there are some lovely reminders of this time in the pier and gardens. The beach is clean and very popular with families. Dogs are allowed on parts of Minehead Beach between September and March, while one mile further is Dunster Beach where they are welcome all year round. Dunster is a fantastic place to visit with its medieval history, impressive castle and good selection of pubs and restaurants and individual style shops. The harbour town of Watchet has a bustling marina and good restaurants. Porlock is a lovely quaint village and Porlock Weir has changed very little from how it was centuries ago.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Little Haven Continued
Little Haven is laid out in the traditional style, with living and relaxing areas on the ground floor, and two bedrooms on the first floor.
- Large open plan sitting and dining room where plush couches are placed in front of a cosy gas burning stove. The neutral shades provide a great backdrop for the cottage’s exposed beams and other original features, while red accents give it a stylish feel. The oak dining table is large enough to serve a full Sunday dinner without feeling cramped, and there is plenty of room to add a child’s highchair if necessary.
- Well equipped kitchen with black granite worktops adds a fantastic contemporary contrast to the rest of the 17th Century cottage. The kitchen includes an electric hob, full sized oven, fridge, integrated dishwasher, washing machine and dryer and all the cutlery, plates, and kitchen utensils you need. Some non-perishable ingredients and a good selection of cleaning equipment is also provided.
- Modern family bathroom with power shower over a full-sized bath, hand basin, and WC.
Stairs with door from the sitting room lead up to two double bedrooms. Both have king-size beds, exposed beams, window sills deep enough to sit on and admire the view, and night storage heaters to keep the space warm and welcoming in autumn and winter.
- The Master bedroom is a generous size and furnished with a brass bed. White walls and sheets are punctuated with soft purple cushions and throws. A French style armoire and chest of drawers offer storage for clothes, while the bedside tables have reading lamps.
- Bedroom Two has a Colonial feel and decorated in soothing shades of white, cream and duck egg blue. There are bedside tables with reading lamps and a deep wardrobe offering ample storage space.
Outside: A stable door leads from the kitchen to a sunny, sheltered courtyard with garden furniture. A mature terraced garden with views over Grabbist Coppice leads up to a second patio with a Gas barbeque, table and chairs and lovely views. There is a cold and warm tap ideal for dog or bike washing and a lockable shed for bike storage.
Additional Information: A welcome pack with tea, coffee, milk, and biscuits or cake is a lovely touch. Little Haven does not have private parking but there is a parking bay opposite that is shared with the neighbouring cottage, and there are also parking spaces on the road nearby. WiFi is available throughout the property. No smoking. Up to two well-behaved dogs are allowed (an additional charge of £15 per dog applies) by prior arrangement on the strict understanding that they are not allowed upstairs, on the furniture or left alone at any time. The owner can arrange for dog beds to be available. Short breaks are available depending on availability. Bed linen, towels, gas and electricity are all included in the price. Payments can be made by: cheque, bank transfer Paypal (3% surcharge applies) and Transferwise (for overseas). Cot and high chair available.
Low Season from £380
Mid Season from £395
High Season from £410
Peak Season £816
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Double)
Owner: Annie & John Crossley, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Little Haven joined Independent Cottages in March 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th August 2017
Approximate Location of Little Haven
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book