Ford Hill Cottage - Kentisbury, Barnstaple, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
Ford Hill Cottage sleeps up to six guests and is located in Kentisbury, on the edge of Exmoor National Park in North Devon. Beautifully presented throughout, the cottage has three bedrooms and dates back over three hundred years, providing a lovely mix of character features along with modern day conveniences.
Stylish throughout, yet sympathetic to its roots, Ford Hill Cottage provides a cosy retreat at any time of the year. It's perfectly located with the coastline and national park on its doorstep, providing an ideal base from which to explore the areas many attractions including the pretty villages and historic towns of Exmoor.
Kentisbury itself has a village store and is also home to Michael Caines restaurant at Kentisbury Grange which is great for a meal out. Within easy reach is picturesque Combe Martin with much to offer including pubs, shops to browse and a sheltered beach, along with the Dinosaur and Wildlife Park and Watermouth Castle. Also within easy reach is the picturesque harbour town of Ilfracombe and Barnstaple which offers a good range of amenities including shops, eating establishments, a theatre and cinema.
Ford Hill has a great selection of beautiful sandy beaches within a short drive to choose from. Visit the golden sands of Croyde with a village full of old-world charm; Woolacombe with three miles of sandy beach offering plenty of space for all and great Atlantic Waves for surfers to ride; and Saunton Sands, another popular choice with surfers and beach lovers alike.
For walkers you will be spoilt for choice with miles of the South West Coastal Path to explore whilst soaking up the seascape; or by contrast, hike across the heather clad moorlands of Exmoor and marvel at the dramatic scenery. Cyclists will love the pretty little lanes to explore or the Tarka Trail for traffic free cycling and there are good opportunities for those who enjoy fishing, golf and horse riding.
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
Ford Hill Cottage Continued
- Wonderful welcoming sitting room with comfy seating, wooden floor (with big rug), flat screen television, BluRay DVD player, iPod docking and a big fireplace housing a wood burning stove - a cosy place to relax in front of the fire at the end of the day.
- Open-plan kitchen providing the perfect mix of quaint charm and modern conveniences with hand built units, granite worktops, a lovely cream Aga (for decorative purposes and not working), wooden floor, fridge, hob, oven (electric) and a coffee machine. Steep stairs from the kitchen lead upstairs to the bedrooms and terrace.
- Modern utility room next to the kitchen with a dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washing machine for those who need to freshen up clothes while away, along with a pantry and plenty of space for drying clothes.
- Porch where you can leave outdoor clothing and muddy shoes.
- Dining room which also has a wooden floor with large table and seating for eight, wooden dresser and comfortable armchair (a nice place for a quiet moment with a book or your morning cup of coffee) - a lovely social room where you can enjoy supper at the end of the day or a hearty breakfast whilst discussing your days adventures.
- Master double bedroom beautifully presented in restful pastel soft colours with wardrobe, chest of drawers (including a mirror) and en-suite shower room with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail. Having three windows, this is a lovely light room.
- Twin bedroom which is also presented in pastel colours with two single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers providing plenty of clothes storage.
- Double bedroom which is bright and cheerful with exposed beams double bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- House bathroom in between the twin and double rooms with bath (including hand-held shower attachment), wash basin and WC.
Outside: There is a terrace area which can be accessed from the sun room on the first floor with outdoor furniture and barbecue, leading into the garden which is large with lawn, borders, lovely views and a beautiful tree providing shade on hot sunny days. There is also a second smaller terrace to the front of the property which enjoys the morning sun - a great place for your morning tea! A garage has been converted into a fun games room with comfy sofa and bean bags set around a large wall-mounted television (BluRay DVD included), along with pool and football tables plus space to store bikes and hang wet-suits. A tap/hose is provided outside for washing down bikes, sandy surf boards etc.
Additional information: Bed linen, towels (please bring your own beach towels), heating and electricity included in the price. Please note: the property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility as it has accommodation split across multiple levels and a steep staircase. A travel cot and high chair are available. Wi-Fi internet access. Unfortunately no pets. A welcome pack is provided upon arrival including a bottle of wine, local jam, cake, flowers, coffee etc.
Low Season from £425
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £950
Peak Season £1075
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Twin)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ford Hill Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2015
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th September 2017