Lettrick - Thornhill, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland - Sleeps 8
Lettrick sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms and provides pet friendly self-catering of a Four Star standard on the edge of the Scottish village of Thornhill in Dumfries and Galloway.
Surrounded by glorious rolling countryside, Lettrick enjoys a quiet position in a cul-de-sac and has a good range of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Beautifully presented throughout, it has wide appeal to both families and friends as well as those looking for a special place to celebrate an occasion.
Sandwiched between Sanquhar and Dumfries in South West Scotland, Thornhill sits in the picturesque Nith Valley and is an attractive vibrant village with lots of interesting shops to browse, places for a meal out or coffee, and also an eighteen hole golf club for those who enjoy a game. Drumlanrig Castle is a popular attraction on the outskirts of the village, as is the River Nith which is famed for its salmon fishing, attracting fishermen from far and wide.
The area offers lovely walks, cycle rides and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Cycle the country lanes and routes on the National Cycle Network, or get off-road for a challenge and tackle one of the popular 7Stanes trails. The Galloway Forest (the UK's first Dark Sky Park) offers three hundred square miles of beauty to lose yourself in, and is every bit as magical of a day as it is by night.
Visit Castle Douglas (awarded 'Food Town' status) to pick up some local produce for supper, or the pretty harbour town of Kirkcudbright with its colourful houses and lovely shops. The beautiful unspoilt Solway coast is also within easy reach for some sea air and coastal walks.
Whether you want to simply relax in a tranquil setting or get out and about exploring South West Scotland, Lettrick provides all the right ingredients for an enjoyable and memorable holiday.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- At the very heart of the house is an incredibly social kitchen/dining room. Beautifully designed as two distinct areas, the dining space has a large table which can seat eight, a big dresser and patio doors letting the outside flood in. This leads into the kitchen area with island, electric oven/hob (including extractor), dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave. Off the kitchen is a very handy utility area with washing machine and plenty of space for boots, coats and damp dogs (this has access to the garden).
- Welcoming sitting room with comfy seating, flat screen television, DVD player and fire place housing a log burner - the perfect place to relax at the end of the day.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room including a WC and wash basin.
- Two additional bedrooms, each with a super-king bed that can also be made up as a twin by prior arrangement.
- House bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath with overhead shower.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- The master bedroom occupies the first floor and has a super-king bed that can also be made up as a twin by prior arrangement. This room has its own en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin, television and access out onto the balcony where you can enjoy your morning coffee and fabulous views.
Outside: Lettrick sits in a fabulous position with stunning views over the surrounding countryside which can be enjoyed from the patio (picnic bench and umbrella provided for sitting out). Plenty of off-road parking and outside space for relaxing with seating areas for a quiet moment in the sunshine, and a small paddock where dogs and children can let off steam and play ball.
Additional information: Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity, towels and welcome supply of logs. Two dogs are welcome by arrangement. Short breaks available out of peak season, please enquire with the owner. No smoking. Centrally heated throughout making the cottage ideal all year round. WiFi internet access.
Low Season from £600
Mid Season from £750
High Season from £900
Peak Season £1200
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Double & 3 Super-Kings/Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: David and Gillian Boys, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Lettrick joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2016